William Blount offseason thread

Governm

^well what i dont understand is the fact that they hired a head coach that isnt going to call plays and didnt bother to get him guys who can actually call the plays for him. It doesnt make any sense. The offensive play calling was bad last year, it was definitely the reason they lost a few games. The defense was by far the worst wb defense i had ever seen. They need to get a good oc and a good dc , until they suck it up and do that they will continue to be on the losing end.

I think Ridge will be more involved in the offense this year.....I think the OC will go to the press box and Coach Ridge will actually call the plays, JMO.

Edited by jake

I think he does have a few, but I definitely agree they need more help. The same could be said for the last several coaches at wb. It's hard for 4-5 guys to get the program where it should be.

As stars convinced me, it takes a commitment from a lot of folks. For example, it will be interesting to see if the sales tax passes this time around. That could generate more money that might create some positions or raise coaching supplements to get some additional quality coaches - if it's agreed to use the money for that instead of a slew of other needs.

sales tax NO

Any news on Otis playing college ball?

I have heard two or three different colleges was talking to him, but haven't heard for certain what he is planning on doing. 

Congrats to Delaney.....he signed with Campbell University.  He was relatively new at football, and I think he will end up being a really good player for them.  They signed him as a cornerback.

Congrats also to Clark Jones and Zach Barton.....2 OL that I hear will sign with Maryville College tomorrow.  They both had several colleges talking to them.

I wish these guys all the best at the next level......

sales tax NO

You will be getting a letter as soon as basketball season is over in regards to a community meeting at the Gymnasium/Cafeteria......one of your big ole buddies has some very interesting ideas that will be proposed that night, among many other things.  Be there and bring that big checkbook with you. 

You will be getting a letter as soon as basketball season is over in regards to a community meeting at the Gymnasium/Cafeteria......one of your big ole buddies has some very interesting ideas that will be proposed that night, among many other things. Be there and bring that big checkbook with you.

what kind of ideas? Stadium renovations? Turf?