South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

So your saying they're open zoned but let only football players enroll in their school so they can stay 1A? Do they limit the amount of children being born in UC to keep their enrollment down to.

Good one.  When the 32 of the 37 on the team registered for kindergarten at Union City Elem School, they went through a rigorous football assessment along with their kindergarten screenings.  

Bigdumbdan knows our secret now.

Do want to clarify about my post.Not directed toward South Pittsburg or Union city.I know Union city has lost some students to Obion central and South Fulton.I also know Union city has gotten two brothers in the Lewis kids from South Fulton the past year or so.I really dont mind that.at least it's the same county.Same maybe with South Pittsburg if they are getting players from their own county..I'd rather kids go to schools to which they are zoned even if they are in the same county unless a move is made.What I'm basically against is letting kids come from out of stste to play.Like maybe someone from North Carolina that maybe comes to Alcoa unless a move is made.Someone coming from Caruthersville Missouri,only about 15 minutes from the Tenn line and about 30 minutes from dyer co to play at dyer co.Or Wayne Co students going to Lewis co and especially Lake Co students going to dyer Co when they wont even let Dyersburg kids do the same and they are in the same county.Bottom line..If you are not in that county,not be allowed to attend,even as a freshman unless a move is made.

I know your making a point and I totally agree but it got me to thinking and I don't ever remember a kid from Wayne co playing anywhere else. We have had a few to transfer here over the years but it was because their parents relocated to the area due to work.

I know your making a point and I totally agree but it got me to thinking and I don't ever remember a kid from Wayne co playing anywhere else. We have had a few to transfer here over the years but it was because their parents relocated to the area due to work.

How are the wildcats looking for 2014? I would like to see y'all again. When is that next Rice kid gonna be slingin that ball around?

Good one. When the 32 of the 37 on the team registered for kindergarten at Union City Elem School, they went through a rigorous football assessment along with their kindergarten screenings.

Bigdumbdan knows our secret now.

Whats the requirement in the 40 before you can enter kindergarten in UC?I think you're sending all the slow ones to Huntingdon lol.
  • Upvote 1

How are the wildcats looking for 2014? I would like to see y'all again. When is that next Rice kid gonna be slingin that ball around?

He started all but two games this year and is coming along fine, got a great arm and a strong runner. I look for WC to be better next year with lots of young kids starting this year. WC has rice at qb with a good line and several boys that can tote the ball, gotta find some receivers though, we didnt pass much this year so receivers will be the question. Defensively I think WC will be much better.

I agree 100% on the youth football! I have said it other post, but the Wayne Co boys that were seniors on the 2011 state championship team were 4 years old when WC started youth football and the first group that got to play every year. As for next year WC has alot of boys that will be sophomores and juniors that got to start all year this year along with 4 returning lineman that started. I hope WC gets a chance to play UC next year, it will mean we have had a good year and made it far.

I totally agree on the youth programs. SP has kids who start playing at 6 & 7 years old. These kids have parents & grandparents who played. It is what makes for a great football tradition. Sounds like WC & UC are much the same. Both schools have classy fans & coaches. 1A is a wonderful place to be - it brings the community together & swells the pride every year!

I agree with others who say UC will have a target on their backs. That is what happens when you win the State gold ball. You should be strong next year only losing 3 seniors. Good luck to you all & congrats again!

Should  Obion Co , a 4A school in the same co, not be better than the little ol 1 A?  well its not. i wonder why.. 

OC made it to the semifinals in 2011. In fact, when we played them, they beat us.  Their coach at this time left last year, and a new coach took over this year.  They were a powerhouse group in 2009 - 2011.  

Three of their players now were wonderful football players at UCMS - two of them were named All-District players.  One is a junior and the other two are sophmores.  

Should  Obion Co , a 4A school in the same co, not be better than the little ol 1 A?  well its not. i wonder why.. 

Whoever you are....it all comes down to two things in general....coaching and the kids effort.  Our coach at U C could have 60 kids dressed each year but he is very strict.  He only wants those who plays for him give 110%..nothing less.  At Obion....yes...they should have a good team year after year but they just don't have the coaching...to many parents in the way because little johnny's dad is so and so so he is going to play before a kid who may be a nobody but is a better skilled player.  Not that way in Union City.  Question...U T 'use " to have a good football program...they have a very large enrollment but their football is bad....it's all in the coaching and kids.  Shows you don't know much about football and how it works.  You are just on here starting troubles.  Go take a hike somewhere, think about life and find something else to cause trouble in....just leave us football and high school sports fans alone. 

I totally agree on the youth programs. SP has kids who start playing at 6 & 7 years old. These kids have parents & grandparents who played. It is what makes for a great football tradition. Sounds like WC & UC are much the same. Both schools have classy fans & coaches. 1A is a wonderful place to be - it brings the community together & swells the pride every year!

I agree with others who say UC will have a target on their backs. That is what happens when you win the State gold ball. You should be strong next year only losing 3 seniors. Good luck to you all & congrats again!

awesome..maybe other towns should start letting kids play at 6 and 7..innovative idea...congrats