No Privates Left in Playoffs

slimshady

Clearly you didn't look at the names and locations of the communities.  Plus, Whitwell has a high school with a football program and is ~ 16 to 18 miles from SP for example.  Marion county is very rural in general.  Turns out the last census said there are 28,000 people in the County. 

The county is made up of 498.16 square miles with and average of 56.7 people per square mile.  Hamilton County where Chattanooga is located has, 620.3 people per square mile.  Sequatchie County to the north of Marion has 266 square miles of area with 53 people per square mile. 

I have been to Cosby.  #### County has 434 square miles and is almost as large as Marion.   With a population of 35,571, it has 82.1 people per square mile which about 25 more people per square mile!  It looks like you have 2 high schools.  Plus, you aren't far from Sevier County and Knoxville. 

Theres a HUGE difference between Cosby and Newport! Newport is a fairly large town but still wouldn't call it a metropolis.

lets take adamsville for example Mcnairy county went to open enrollment and what happen????

all of a sudden a Adamsville team that was getting 4-5 wins a year starts going deep in playoffs all why Mcnairy Central a 7-8 win team a year falls back to winning 1-4 games a year....

How is this fair to teams that are not open enrollment schools???????

I know this doesn't apply to 1A/2A but in 3A Alcoa is a Open Enrollment School and they have 12 State Tittles.  Just saying.  

B4 I post my statement let me be clear I saying that I'm all for a total public private split during the playoffs,,,, now to the statement for you guys to think about and debate and I'll set back and listen... Some athletes may have the misfortune of growing up in government housing so therefore the family or in most cases ( the baby mamma ) receives government subsidies, so which student has the greater dollar contributions toward education, public or private ? A vast majority of top athletes come from inner city areas that have been government funded their whole lives, question for debate is who receives the most dollars ? Some of the areas in to which these schools fall may or may not be playing in a title game each year, but if not, they will certainly be competetive year in and year out. Be reminded of my opening comment,, jus wanted to get some thoughts on this issue and others thoughts and I'll listen

Private Schools aren't perfect but when you Public Schools took Jesus out well that was the best recruiting tool there is!!! By the Way there are 2 Private schools still in the State Championship Games.Alcoa and Maryville.There is not a Private School in the State who can recruit any better than those 2 Brentwood Acadamy and Ensworth included.I get tired of reading this garbage.I heard a famous Coach from a small East Tennessee School sit there and cry and tell my friends how this private school and that one recruit and cheat lol yet while he was at Anderson.Co and taking all the good players from Campbell.Co that was ok!!!!

Edited by hsfootballfan777

Private Schools aren't perfect but when you Public Schools took Jesus out well that was the best recruiting tool there is!!! By the Way there are 2 Private schools still in the State Championship Games.Alcoa and Maryville.There is not a Private School in the State who can recruit any better than those 2 Brentwood Acadamy and Ensworth included.I get tired of reading this garbage.I heard a famous Coach from a small East Tennessee School sit there and cry and tell my friends how this private school and that one recruit and cheat lol yet while he was at Anderson.Co and taking all the good players from Campbell.Co that was ok!!!!

Not all the private schools are parochial in nature. 

After this playoff cycle here is what needs to happen.Split up the Privates and the Publics in all Sports.You are NOT allowed to play Private vs Public at any point in the Regular Season or otherwise.2 State Champions still Private and 4 classes in Public.2 Privates and Class 1A on Friday and 2,3 and 4A on Saturday.Then to truly be fair no matter how bad your school sucks you have to play football there.No going from William Blount or Heritage to play somewhere else or play at Austin East if you live in the South Doyle district.You have to have a legit move in the district in order to play for that school.Not my grandma that we don't care about is dying but we are going to work our way into her will and use her address to go play for this or that school or My Son is endangered so we sent him to live with his Aunt and Uncle.Then at the end of the year we can hear all the Public Champs ###### and moan about how they could have beat the Private Champs but if not have all the excuses ready

Like the Cak guy told Milan fans.If we recruited as you say we'd have even bigger players and we already destroyed you with these guys.Oh and when the Publics and Privates split i think Privates should leave TSSAA and make their own Association and they can legally give all the aid they want and take all the players they want

My fear is when our current representatives in Nashville reboot the voucher legislation this Spring, we will see this problem rise to a new level. Something to think about when you contact your representatives and senators. Urge them to vote against vouchers. It only failed last year because they tried to make it too widespread and Haslem wanted to slow walk it. Had this passed last year, you might have seen Grace welcome the two players from Rockwood with your tax dollars footing the bill. These schools are not held to the No Child Left Behind requirements and testing. Therefore, they shouldn't be allowed to receive state funding. I hope this doesn't happen, but it is hard to imagine next fall without this occurrence. 

Edited by SingleA