South Pittsburg 2014

Eraser

Well I am curious about something. Jasper and Sequatchie return most their teams and both hammered Boyd last season. Why do you believe Boyd will be tougher than these two?

It will be a combination of strength and speed for Boyd.  Jasper was slow. 

Edited by rlh

I think he meant they were to slow against us last year...sp really does not have a blazing fast sprinter this year...there is no Sam pickett out there...there are some guys who run 4.6-4.8 range I would say but I would highly doubt anything higher than that.

Take your pick. If the schedule is the same as last season then it will be tough.

Bell County, Hixson, Sequatchie County, Boyd Buchanan, Polk County & Marion County will all be tough games to win. Bell County, Sequatchie, Boyd and Marion all 4 have most of their team returning. Hixson and Polk lost some but they are big schools so you never know what they will have in 2014.

Sale Creek, Lookout Valley, Whitwell & Grundy are the only 4 games I see that should definitely go the pirates way.

We have many issues on the mountain but we have some talent. The valley should have some close games this year. Obviously, the Pirates, Warriors & Indians all will be good, the rest hope to be competive. BTW, Congrats to SP baseball, coach Stone, coach Ladd & team. Best baseball program in the valley in recent years. Good to see a mountain boy involved.

Drove by spring practice yesterday and the numbers seemed to be way down from years past. As always looking forward to pirate football. It feels like August out there now.

What do the numbers look like at Jasper's practice?