Prayers for the McKamey and GCA family

crow

My dear friends and family, William Dean McKamey met his Lord and Savior this afternoon. There are no words to describe the pain our family feels right now, Ho...wever we are rejoicing that Will is now on the fields of Heaven...running the football! I know that we were all praying for a miracle, and we were able to see the miracle of Will entering heaven today. My friends please focus your prayers now on Randy and I and our immediate family as we deal with the upcoming days. We love you all and we are overcome with the way you rallied behind us. Will was able to change the spirit of a community, a school and a Navy football team...without really saying a word. He led a wonderful Christian life and I'm so thankful that God chose me to be his mother for 19 years! ‪#‎livelikewill

Kara Grubb McKamey

My dear friends and family, William Dean McKamey met his Lord and Savior this afternoon. There are no words to describe the pain our family feels right now, Ho...wever we are rejoicing that Will is now on the fields of Heaven...running the football! I know that we were all praying for a miracle, and we were able to see the miracle of Will entering heaven today. My friends please focus your prayers now on Randy and I and our immediate family as we deal with the upcoming days. We love you all and we are overcome with the way you rallied behind us. Will was able to change the spirit of a community, a school and a Navy football team...without really saying a word. He led a wonderful Christian life and I'm so thankful that God chose me to be his mother for 19 years! ‪#‎livelikewill

Just got off the phone with my Brother who is the Hampton football coach, he just wanted me to send his DEEPEST sympathy to the Mckameys and the whole Grace family.One more thing, I think Will was also very blessed to have Randy and Kara Mckamey as loving and great parents for 19 years.May God strengthen and comfort the family .I wish my words could express my sympathy, but unfortunately, they don't come CLOSE.

I don't know how a young man I never really knew can impact me the way this one has. My heart is broken & heavy today.

"21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; 26That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again."

David, in the book of 2 Samuel after losing a child:

"21Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread. 22And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? 23But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

To the family, you don't know me but I am crying with and praying for you.

• Upvote 1

Rockwood and Grace has had a bitter rivalry at times, but our school has and will continue to pray for the McKamey family.  We will also rejoice in the fact that through Christ, the McKamey's will be reunited with Will.  He was a great athlete, competitor, and did his talk through his actions on the field.  God be with you, comfort you, and give you peace in your time of need.

Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God Bless!

I don't know how a young man I never really knew can impact me the way this one has. My heart is broken & heavy today.

"21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; 26That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again."

David, in the book of 2 Samuel after losing a child:

"21Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread. 22And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? 23But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

To the family, you don't know me but I am crying with and praying for you.

I dont have the words to say for such a hard time for a mother and father who just lost a child.I will just go with you on this one.Great post.