New 32 team 6A Proposal

mjuhb

So wrong.  You are taking one game and making an argument from it.  So the 5th best team in your district played Maryville to within 21?  Let me tell you that is because Maryville did not want to run up the score, had injuries, or whatever.  You claim Ooltewah or East Hamilton (leaving out Cleveland on purpose) could play with Maryville?  No.  Sorry.  So let me tell you about Dobyns Bennett in 2013.  DB (for short) was considered way, way down and gave East Hamilton and Ooltewah everything they wanted the entire game and actually should have won one of them.  That was DB on a bad year, playing Chattanooga teams away and almost won.  So in 2012 DB had one of their best teams in 10 years and Maryville won with ease.  Ooltewah and East Hamilton, if you struggle with a bad DB team at your house, you have ZERO chance of beating Maryville.  If you would like to bet me, I will take a 2nd mortgage out on my house.  No way in heck.  End of discussion.

HOLD UP BUDROW...NOW DB CAME TO THE OWLS NEST AND CAME UP EMPTY IN ENDZONE....THAT'S CALLED DEFENSE....SOMETHING YOU FORGOT ABOUT...AND YOU TRIED  TO TAKE OUT THE PITTBULL AND THOUGHT HE WAS ALL WE HAD....YOU JUST MADE HIS DOGGS MAD...REDZONE..EMPTY...ENDZONE...EMPTY....2 KICKS...NOT ENOUGH.....COME AGAIN SIR?? :popcorneater: 

I remember Riggs talking big and bad in the Maryville paper leading up to the Red Bank vs Maryville playoff game in 2001.  He was also talking trash to Maryville players before the game. After a bunch of hard licks Riggs didn't want no more. Biggest hit of the game was when Riggs was on defense. Carl Stewart came out and knocked Riggs on his butt.

I remember Riggs talking big and bad in the Maryville paper leading up to the Red Bank vs Maryville playoff game in 2001.  He was also talking trash to Maryville players before the game. After a bunch of hard licks Riggs didn't want no more. Biggest hit of the game was when Riggs was on defense. Carl Stewart came out and knocked Riggs on his butt.

and. The point of this yesteryear is?? Don't know Riggs.l know Dodson though....

Dodson was a great player and hope he does great at Ole Miss. He did tear our defense up that night but the truth is we weren't that good on defense that year at all. I don't think he would have done the same damage as he did to last years team. There are teams out there that can beat Maryville no doubt and there are some people that are so jealous that they strive on wanting to jump on the band wagon when one of those teams pulls it off simply because the team they pull for will never be able to do that and they know it.http://http://i57.tinypic.com/23wtp94.jpg[

yes Dodson is a great player as is Ferby...and what is wrong with highlighting these studs when they man handled one of the top teams in the country??? Whether your defense was up or down...you were still at the top in the finals....Great teams don't make excuses when they come up short....but that's a fan for you...I'm here to give credit where it is due...you show know that I don't crown yesterday...it's a new year and a new day.....get ready to compete and live with the results..no excuses......

yes Dodson is a great player as is Ferby...and what is wrong with highlighting these studs when they man handled one of the top teams in the country??? Whether your defense was up or down...you were still at the top in the finals....Great teams don't make excuses when they come up short....but that's a fan for you...I'm here to give credit where it is due...you show know that I don't crown yesterday...it's a new year and a new day.....get ready to compete and live with the results..no excuses......

:lol:

DB didn't give East Hamilton "everything they wanted" the entire game.  East Hamilton physically dominated that game in every aspect.  Had touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams.  They never even had to get out of the I-Formation and squandered a couple scoring opportunities throughout the game.  And that was an East Hamilton team that was "down" from the year before.  You're looking through your rose colored glasses if you think East Hamilton struggled with DB in 2013.

East Hamilton scrimmaged Maryville AT Maryville last year and will scrimmage them again this year.  Last years scrimmage was pretty even.  Ask anyone that was there.  I respect Maryville, but to say no team even has a chance against them is short-sighted and extreme hubris.

No.  Sorry.  You're wrong.  End of discussion.

My point is, given the stats of the DB-East Hamilton game you can not say that East Hamilton dominated DB.  Again here are the stats

First Downs

Rushing Att-Yards

48-258

25-72

Passes Comp-Att-Int

7-14-4

6-16-0

Passing Yards

Total Offense

Fumbles-Lost

3-0

1-1

Penalties/Yards

11-85

7-71

Punts-Average

3-44.0

5-32.0

Tell me again how East Hamilton dominated DB on the field?  DB racked up yards and gave you 3 turnovers. I recognize the score, but physically....no.  And sorry no matter what you think, your efforts would fall way short against Maryville in a game.  Again DB has beaten Maryville in scrimmages before, and later been whipped in a game.