Best QB's in Tennessee you have ever seen?

SweetScience

Shane Kelly is high on my list too Ron. Him and a WR they had that year by the name of David Youell were dang near unstoppable. Or maybe Youell played when Joey Matthews did, I can't fully remember. Either way he was an awesome WR I remember.

Youell played with both of them. Also Luke manning from sevier was very good the bears scored 50 plus like 7 or 8 times last year with him at the controls. Shane Kelly was a bad a for sure. 

Shane Kelly 5a state champ

Joey Matthews 2 Deep playoff runs ended by eric lock and company went to UT

Luke Manning and Cullen lavoie lost to the rebs in quarter finals Lavoie led the miracle comeback at DB

Angelo Raga was all state and current QB coach

Jeremy Bates was also very good coached in the NFL several years.

Coach Brewer knew how to get QBs ready to play.

GoBears!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 of the best QB's I ever saw, I'm not that old, all played at Anderson Co.Comprehensive HS and none were from Anderson Co. they all were from

Campbell Co.

Jamie Chadwell

Caleb Slover

Price (don't know his first name)

All 3 played for LL Kerr.

Caleb Slover went to school and played in Lake City his whole life.  Caleb was a good high school quarterback, but became an excellent qb for Tusculum in College.  

If we're going to name some AC QB's you have to name Tanner Williams from a few years ago. Although He was a system QB so to say he still threw for a lot of yards. If I remember correctly he used to hold some state records, but not sure if he still does or not....

Pretty sure that Charlie High broke all of the records Tanner once held, but I am too lazy to go look it up for sure.  

In no order: Someone mentioned Corey Carney of Riverdale. He was senior QB of 94 team. Eric Locke was the Freshman change of pace QB that year. Corey went on to have a great career at Samford. The year before I saw Kelly Holcomb lead Lincoln County over Riverdale.

I saw BJ Coleman lead his team to I think 3 touchdowns in 90 seconds to beat Riverdale one year.

Brent Stockstill was not only a great QB and pitcher but he is an even better person.

The Eric Locke vs Joey Mathews playoff game was an epic night. Dave Thomas was fun to watch.

Working TSSAA championship games for a long time I have seen a lot of QBs put on a show. Bo Wallace threw lasers. Lots of fun over the years.

I have started to post in this thread a couple of times, but it's just too subjective to come up with only a few guys.  There really needs to be some qualifications established when you talk about "best" anything, and especially in this catetegory.

Do you mean most talented?  Best fitted for the system in which they ran? Most physically gifted? Best statistically during their high school careers? The QB who had the most success after high school?  What era did they play in?

Just way too many outstanding athletes and QBs in this state to narrow it down to a few, and especially for old guys like me who have seen high school football played in this state since the early 70s. 

I have started to post in this thread a couple of times, but it's just too subjective to come up with only a few guys.  There really needs to be some qualifications established when you talk about "best" anything, and especially in this catetegory.

Do you mean most talented?  Best fitted for the system in which they ran? Most physically gifted? Best statistically during their high school careers? The QB who had the most success after high school?  What era did they play in?

Just way too many outstanding athletes and QBs in this state to narrow it down to a few, and especially for old guys like me who have seen high school football played in this state since the early 70s. 

Just the best in your opinion. Doesn't mean they are THE BEST. To me it wasn't all that complicated.