Super 6 plan

randy3116

I like the proposed 5 class regions best. But it's whatever, I don't really care.

The proposed 5 class regions (that were just posted) are what will happen if the TSSAA goes to the "Super 6A" plan. IMO, Gov fans should be hoping for a WB move down and a Maryville move up. WB's region in the new 5A would be a heck of a lot easier than WB's region in the new super 6A.

Edited by AllRegion

AR, I have been wrong before and may be wrong on this, but I do not expect WB to move down....especially if it works out to where Maryville ends up staying down.

I completely agree, jake. If Maryville ends up staying down then I can see the logic behind WB staying in 6A. But if it works out to where Maryville moves up, I just think the Govs would be passing up a great opportunity if they stay put in the Super 32.

I completely agree, jake. If Maryville ends up staying down then I can see the logic behind WB staying in 6A. But if it works out to where Maryville moves up, I just think the Govs would be passing up a great opportunity if they stay put in the Super 32.

I think if they know up front that Maryville will end up in 6A, then they may choose to move down.  But, looking at the numbers, if only 3 or 4 teams wanted to move down, then the opportunity to move up would go to the next largest school in order.  So, Maryville may not be guaranteed the opportunity to move up.  

I think if they know up front that Maryville will end up in 6A, then they may choose to move down.  But, looking at the numbers, if only 3 or 4 teams wanted to move down, then the opportunity to move up would go to the next largest school in order.  So, Maryville may not be guaranteed the opportunity to move up.  

If you're the person in charge at WB, do you take the chance and hope that Maryville does get to move up?

If you're the person in charge at WB, do you take the chance and hope that Maryville does get to move up?

I would be on the phone with every AD who I thought may move down to get the number of schools that would be doing so.....if that number were 3, then I would be on the phone to the AD's of the next schools eligible.  Should be able to get a pretty good feel for where things stand, and make a decision from there.

Myself, as a DB and Greeneville fan.I say let the chips fall where they will and lets play ball.I don't care who you pull for,I wouldn't be running around peeking to see who goes where.For goodness sakes there are  plenty of great teams to kick your behinds in every bracket now and when the change comes.Unless your team just has a super year at the right time,your going to get beat like most.When the smoke clears,there are only a handful of champions and life goes on for those few teams as well as the hundreds that lose their last game.

It's fun to talk about possibilities. After looking at the numbers my Bears may be 5a again. If they move people up it seems like they would move the lowest team numbers wise down. I bet they don't allow any teams to move if its based on enrollment just seems like a lot of problems if teams get to move down. Wouldn't every school want to go down if maryville moves up?

If Maryville can't move up (D-7AAA conspiracy theory of mine) then Maryville ought to just tell the TSSAA that they want to move to D-II and take Alcoa with them. We are the "Rebels" for a reason...  Of course I'd let all the  non-guarantee playoff lawsuits filed by all the schools that have to earn their way into the playoffs run their course.

Edited by Red Rebels

Of course I'd let all the  non-guarantee playoff lawsuits filed by all the schools that have to earn their way into the playoffs run their course.

Exactly ... Why would a team voluntarily move down from 6A to 5A when they have a guaranteed Playoff spot before you play 1 Game ?