Super 6 plan

randy3116

According to the proposed region breakout that I am looking at from a link on this thread, 1-1A would only have 4 teams in it. Thus, with this new system, all would automatically be in the playoffs.  One other region would only have 5 teams in it.  There would also be 5 regions in 1A that would have 8 teams in each region.  How fair is that?  There is the "potential" for a zero win team to make the playoffs in 1A along with a 1 win team as well.  In 3A, you have the "potential" for a six win and a five win team to not even make the playoffs in one proposed region while two other regions in 3A would have 80% of its teams make the show every year.  And this new proposed system that people are saying is going to pass is better than what we currently have how exactly?

Yep my thinking as well. 

According to the proposed region breakout that I am looking at from a link on this thread, 1-1A would only have 4 teams in it. Thus, with this new system, all would automatically be in the playoffs.  One other region would only have 5 teams in it.  There would also be 5 regions in 1A that would have 8 teams in each region.  How fair is that?  There is the "potential" for a zero win team to make the playoffs in 1A along with a 1 win team as well.  In 3A, you have the "potential" for a six win and a five win team to not even make the playoffs in one proposed region while two other regions in 3A would have 80% of its teams make the show every year.  And this new proposed system that people are saying is going to pass is better than what we currently have how exactly?

Everybody thinks more competitive teams will want to move up and less competitive teams will pass up a guaranteed shot at post season every year and move down. I do not think that will happen. A state championship is a state championship at any level. I think a superiority complex is starting to happen with this thing.

Everybody thinks more competitive teams will want to move up and less competitive teams will pass up a guaranteed shot at post season every year and move down. I do not think that will happen. A state championship is a state championship at any level. I think a superiority complex is starting to happen with this thing.

The more competitive you are, the better chance you have at advancing into the playoffs. You think Warren County, Bolton, or Bartlett wants to get their brains beat in every year just for the sake of making the 1st round of the playoffs when they have a better chance of competiting in 5A? Personally, I wish they would open it up and give every team a chance to volunteer to play in 6A

Thanks fer doin' the math fer me.  redthumb.gif

We'ze got 10 in our Region 3-3A.  Maybe they'z figgerin' that a lot of people will be movin' on up Animated_Dancing_Cat_1.gif.

When we had five classifications a lot of folks were mad every year because teams under .500 made the playoffs.

Every year under the 'Z Plan' has been a mess. Travel has never been worse and scheduling games for top teams is very difficult.

I am not for any plan that rewards totals wins over district/region wins. It is not fair. The games you are forced to play by the TSSAA alignment are the games that should determine whether you make the postseason.

Regions/Districts should all be at least 6 teams and no more than nine. Every team should have at least two dates to play area teams of a different classification.

Travel won't be any worse than it is now. Scheduling will be easier. The worst that can happen is we hate it and push the TSSAA to do something else next time they vote.

I'm for voting it in and calling it the 'Super 6'.