Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

good point on the gate,  those big D2 schools don't travel well.  But the big public schools from other states do and have no problem playing Murvul, there are a host of them just down in Georgia,  Love to see a Murvul vs. Buford, Grayson, or just about any Atlanta 6a school

They don't "travel well" in your eyes because the "big" D2 schools aren't all that big.  Ensworth HS (in existence for less than a decade) has 422 students, BA has 487 and MBA has 487.  They "travel well" when put in the context of the number of actual graduates/students that they have.  They also travel well for big games.  Ensworth filled the visitor stands at Trinity (Louisville) last year - those stands are as big as any high school specific visitors stands in the great State of Tennessee.  Believe me, if any of those three teams signed home/home with Maryville, there would be standing room only crowds and the gate would take care of itself.  

The hold that nullified the TD in Q3 was pretty bad.

Congratulations to both teams, West played hard and the Rebels answered when they needed to. I thought the officials did not call a great game but the

calls were bad both ways. I haven't looked at many old posts to see if it

was mentioned this but there was a West reception in the third? quarter that looked, from where I sat, like the ball hit the ground. The onside kick

was well executed. Best of luck on out for the West Rebels and go Maryville Rebels.

Absolutely thrilled about Maryville's win over West. Dylan Jackson played a great game. The whole defense was really good to hold West to 10 offensive points. Especially with the speed West has.

Offensively the OLine blocked great. What is encouraging to me is Coach Ellis isn't just playing his starting 5. I saw a lot of other kids playing in key moments. Building lots of depth on the OLine. Tyler Vaught was outstanding. Jaylen Burgess is a man.

For West Nathan Cottrell is a jet. Seth Marshall has the heart of a lion. Love the way that young man competes. I will be pulling for West the rest of the year.

can/will someone please provide both rushing and passing stats for the two opposing QB's for this game?  All I heard from Mr Packer was how great the West QB was/is.  He did play a great game but I was wondering how Tyler Vaught stacked up against him.  Thanks in advance and I'll hang up and listen.

can/will someone please provide both rushing and passing stats for the two opposing QB's for this game?  All I heard from Mr Packer was how great the West QB was/is.  He did play a great game but I was wondering how Tyler Vaught stacked up against him.  Thanks in advance and I'll hang up and listen.

pap eye red whur Tyler haid eye beeleeve 196 yds toetull offence.....Eye no hem and Big Jaylen haid ovur 100 yds rushin' each inn tha seccund haif aloan..... :popcorneater: