Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

I hope they just had a bad night and aren't really that bad.  I believe they liked being on TV and was trying to outdo each other.  One of the worst calls went against West.  West threw a screen pass to #5 BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE and was flagged for ineligible receiver down field.  Amazing!

I was only halfway paying attention at that point but was perplexed by that one myself.

Real good high school football game. Congrats to the knox rebels for how they performed and competed. They made plays on both offense and defense to stay in the game. They looked well coached to me. Congrats to the murvil rebels on a hard earned win. This is a different team that must grind it out at times. I thought the key to the game was the 2-3 series in the first half when murvil had the ball in west territory and didn't get points. A big play later, and the game was suddenly in reach. The qb has taken some criticism, so he should get some credit for last night. But a lot of players contributed and murvil needed all of them. Good game.

BTW-don't park inside the gate at the UT intramural field when you go to west. Those gates got locked before we got to our cars -typical UT!

What did you do? Did you have to wait long?

I was only halfway paying attention at that point but was perplexed by that one myself.

During the same drive, they had just ruled as a "catch" across the middle that play that was not a catch.  About two plays later, they fixed it (I guess) with the wrong call about the ineligible receiver call against West.

I totally agree...time for the cakewalk....but you gotta close some gaps on defense before you enter Rutherford County...smart of  GQ to beat West at their own game rushing...no fear of the Veer....

I can't wait for Dylan Jackson to play for Tennessee. I bet he becomes a starter as a freshman. The secondary is the weak spot of the Maryville defense but I don't think anybody in Tennessee is good enough to exploit it.

Edited by BigDave1967

I can't wait for Dylan Jackson to play for Tennessee. I bet he becomes a starter as a freshman. The secondary is the weak spot of the Maryville defense but I don't think anybody in Tennessee is good enough to exploit it.

Yep alot of yards given up....but they can run and throw it up in Rutherford county....looks like we will have a down to the wire game in 6A in Cookeville :popcorneater: