Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

You should have seen it in person. :huh:

Worse officiating crew I have seen in along time. I was on the West side and my friends and I saw a tremendous amount of holding and almost every play on Dylan Jackson and and Matt Young. Interior line Withrow #77 had a great game. West complained the onside kick. Happened right in front of me. It was the right call. 

I was only halfway paying attention at that point but was perplexed by that one myself.

Similar call against Murvl. Pass went to the outside flat and the flag was thrown by the sideline  official closest to  the catch. Can't figure out who was down field. But the worse call was the pass interference against Murvul in the 1 QTR in my opinion.

Similar call against Murvl. Pass went to the outside flat and the flag was thrown by the sideline  official closest to  the catch. Can't figure out who was down field. But the worse call was the pass interference against Murvul in the 1 QTR in my opinion.

The hold that nullified the TD in Q3 was pretty bad.

why doesn't Maryville put some elite teams on their open schedule, like MBA, Ensworth, BA or Hoover or some Atlanta teams, or something.  Must get boring winning by 40 each week.

It has to do with the gate. Murvul brings a huge gate each week. Not many schools including Ensworth, MBA, or MA have the fan power to increase the gate. Simple economics. Would you schedule Murvul if you had an open date? Heck no!

Last I saw the Beaver he was working at Rarity Bay. Best QB, Mc Cray, Phillips, Burnett, Hard to say. Thompson? Tommy was a great athlete, probably a pro. But not the best QB

All nice QB's but none were better than Beaver at that position. Tommy was good enough for UT to give him a scholarship.

It has to do with the gate. Murvul brings a huge gate each week. Not many schools including Ensworth, MBA, or MA have the fan power to increase the gate. Simple economics. Would you schedule Murvul if you had an open date? Heck no!

good point on the gate,  those big D2 schools don't travel well.  But the big public schools from other states do and have no problem playing Murvul, there are a host of them just down in Georgia,  Love to see a Murvul vs. Buford, Grayson, or just about any Atlanta 6a school

good point on the gate,  those big D2 schools don't travel well.  But the big public schools from other states do and have no problem playing Murvul, there are a host of them just down in Georgia,  Love to see a Murvul vs. Buford, Grayson, or just about any Atlanta 6a school

Calhoun against Maryville or Alcoa would be one heck of a game