Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

1. Tha werst Knotts Footbawl Leegue reffin' crew eye've evur seed.

eff. Lessur, GQ showed Mr. Cummings whut klass iz all abowt takin' a knee on tha gole

:

Thank you Stars for mentioning me in your post. You are a celebrity to me. Kinda like Richard Dawson.

I didn't see the end of the game but GQ taking a knee at the goal line doesn't surprise me at all. I agree, he is a class act. Congrats to Maryville for knocking off two #1 teams in the state, back to back. As I mentioned, the team will follow the attitude of the coach. When West went up I bet GQ probably said "hey guys lets go score real quick ok!"

I was impressed with West and they deserve to be 5A #1. They are talented and gave Maryville a game. I am not so sure how Alcoa would fair against West. We may come out on the short end of the stick. Especially with those terrible referee's that I keep hearing everyone complain about.

why doesn't Maryville put some elite teams on their open schedule, like MBA, Ensworth, BA or Hoover or some Atlanta teams, or something.  Must get boring winning by 40 each week.

Gee this topic gets old. Are you suggesting we add an 11th game in our "open" week next week? Also not sure what math you are using but last week 41-14=27 and last night 31-16=15. Not sure where you got the 40. Evidently your math teacher was/is not so "elite".

Zero Maryville QBs from the beginning have even come close to the season John had. Was John the most talented?....nope. John doesn't have a gun for an arm nor was he fast at 5.0 forty, but that boy can play some QB.

The most elite QB that every settled under center at MHS is Tommy Beaver, and that is not debatable.

Last I saw the Beaver he was working at Rarity Bay. Best QB, Mc Cray, Phillips, Burnett, Hard to say. Thompson? Tommy was a great athlete, probably a pro. But not the best QB