Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

I hate to say this but I will give West credit, very good, tough football team. 7 is tough as nails. Lots of folks knocking 5 but I think the kid is pretty dang good and plays hard. 4 is a beast in centerfield. West just got "out physicaled" in the 2nd half. Great effort though! Maryville is still Maryville! Finally a game worth watching on channel 8! Congrats to both squads!

I hate to say this but I will give West credit, very good, tough football team. 7 is tough as nails. Lots of folks knocking 5 but I think the kid is pretty dang good and plays hard. 4 is a beast in centerfield. West just got "out physicaled" in the 2nd half. Great effort though! Maryville is still Maryville! Finally a game worth watching on channel 8! Congrats to both squads!

Well said. I was one who was probably too hard on #5, but you're right he along with all of West's players have a lot of heart. I guess you may want to change your mind about West returning to the state again this year, huh? haha

Well said. I was one who was probably too hard on #5, but you're right he along with all of West's players have a lot of heart. I guess you may want to change your mind about West returning to the state again this year, huh? haha

Truthfully Sweet, I knew they would be pretty good again this year. I'm still going to give them h**l every chance I get though. Didn't think they would be as good on the defensive side of the ball. I was wrong and will admit when I am. Kids showed a ton of heart and it was fun to watch.

Before the game tonight I'd said Alcoa all the way but after watching I'd say West but would be one of those "whoever makes the breaks"... Would give slight nod to West. They impressed me a lot tonight, was a good game, Maryville was tough.

Would be a good game probably, but I would give the nod to West. I think they have a little bit more athletes than Alcoa. And they have #7. Now that kids heart is the size of Texas. He is the kind of guy you want in a foxhole with you during battle lol

Great game but Maryville will have a tough test to get back to Cookeville playing Blackman or Oakland over there this year. West should have an easier road.

Not so fast my friend. If Blackman is the #1 seed and Oakland is the lower seed and Oakland wins the rematch, then they might head East if the East higher seed is still alive.