Where Has Riverdale's Once Proud Program Gone?

warrior82dad

Old fan didn't you start this thread. It's not dead. It's been very active since Rankin left. Just ask old dad. By the way hope old dad is well. Maybe he will get on here and update us on his health.

Health is in the proverbial toilet.  That being said I went to last Friday's game with my daughter who is in the alum class they were celebrating.  Three handicap parking spots but a WHOLE parking lot for Coaches and their 'guests'.  Thanks Coach!  Mr. Nolan you may have more support if YOU look into things like that!  DETAILS FOLKS, DETAILS!

If LaVergne ever gets a REAL Coach who believes in the team concept and teaches it, folks may be in trouble.  As it was though they had a couple of kids who played hard the ENTIRE game, while most looked totally beaten going in for halftime.

As to what dixieBOYfan posted, I am still trying to figure out what he was TRYING to spell!  If he is bashful he could actually pay to become a PLUS fan and send it to me in a PM!  Otherwise, I am giving it the attention it deserves..........'0', ZIP, nada..

Health is in the proverbial toilet.  That being said I went to last Friday's game with my daughter who is in the alum class they were celebrating.  Three handicap parking spots but a WHOLE parking lot for Coaches and their 'guests'.  Thanks Coach!  Mr. Nolan you may have more support if YOU look into things like that!  DETAILS FOLKS, DETAILS!

If LaVergne ever gets a REAL Coach who believes in the team concept and teaches it, folks may be in trouble.  As it was though they had a couple of kids who played hard the ENTIRE game, while most looked totally beaten going in for halftime.

As to what dixieBOYfan posted, I am still trying to figure out what he was TRYING to spell!  If he is bashful he could actually pay to become a PLUS fan and send it to me in a PM!  Otherwise, I am giving it the attention it deserves..........'0', ZIP, nada..

The Head Coach for LaVergne is a personal friend of mine... He's a young coach that is probably only concerned about playing the BEST players... I'm sure he'll get better players and play more when he gets more that can HELP him win... S/O to young Chris Grimmes

Rutherford County is bursting with population and too many 5A/6A squads.  Next year when TSSAA puts in the new 6A 32 team playoff system, hopefully the big boys like Riverdale will no longer have to fight the same squads in the playoffs that they do in the districts.  Teams in West TN benefit from playing no one in the first couple of rounds while the Middle/East TN kill themselves over quality opponents that they battled already during the season.

The Head Coach for LaVergne is a personal friend of mine... He's a young coach that is probably only concerned about playing the BEST players... I'm sure he'll get better players and play more when he gets more that can HELP him win... S/O to young Chris Grimmes

He is SUPPOSED to be a Coach with just as many State Championships as Coach A has.  Looking at both teams they appeared VERY similar in size.

Having said that, there is NO reason EITHER team should be that small.  That is the fault of BOTH Head Coaches.  It is hard to watch a R'dale  team that used to be 4 deep from 30 yard line to 30 yard line.  They were lucky if they went one deep last Friday!

Oh never mind... The Head Coach isn't who I thought it was... I though my guy Chris (He's a young guy) was the Head Man... He must just be a Coordinator. 

Chris is the defensive co. He does well with what he has. That's the problem with LaVergne the student turnover. Kids move in and out daily. Very tough way to run a team.

• 11 months later...

I've been an avid fan and supporter of the Riverdale program since 1982. I sat in the stands most every game and I've donated my money and continue to do so long after my son has move on from the school. Im saddened to see this once proud dominate program continue to slip into mediocrity. Yes, you maybe able to blame rezoning for some things but that's only a small part of what I see. This once strong program was a breeding ground for players and year after year they would just reload. Now they have become a program that has to resort to second rate transfers to just put a team on the field. I remember when the program started at the middle school level and moved up year after year with developing players with strength and conditioning and molding them into the Warrior way and system so when it was there time they would step in and shine. Is it a fluke that Coach Rankin after leaving continues to have a dominate program in the east? I think not. What left with him was the system of the program. The dedication to development. The passion for dominance. You only have to look at the sad game on Friday night to see the lack of size, speed, talent and passion. I see no passion in Coach A anymore. He's not passionate on the sidelines and show no emotion anymore at all. The funding push is on for a new locker room to be built and I will be sending my check as this change is needed. But along with the new locker room, maybe its time to make a change at the top. Our school, Our community and our students deserve more than what there getting. Lets bring back the programs that work and have shown success in the past and maybe that will take a change....Coach Rankin Where R U?

:popcorneater:....He's ovur hear inn Blunt Co......

Edited by STARSNBARS