1A & 2A AP Polls

TheAmbassador

How will the new classifications/districting affect scheduling like this? Do you expect anything to change as far as scheduling non-district games?

If I'm not mistaken, WC will be part of region 5 which is basically the old region 6. Region 5 will add Summertown and drop Loretto I think. WC has always scheduled at least two non region/district games.

In 1999 SP played Courtland AL. They beat them on the way to an undefeated season. Courtland went on to win the 1A Alabama state championship that season as well.

TC beat Hazelwood in Alabama that year as well and Hazelwood went on to win the Bama 2a title.  SP knocked TC out in the semifinal game.

Has SP ever played any Alabama High Schools? I'd like to see SP play Woodville High School who's a 1A school in Jackson County Alabama.

SP played Bridgeport (literally just over the state line) and Stevenson (10 miles over the line) every year they existed until the merged in the late 80s to become North Jackson.  SP played North Sand Mtn a few years as well as Section. 

Sonny Moore's 1A Top 15....................

School - Power Rating

UNION CITY 121.52

NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN 109.34

GREENBACK 104.49

SOUTH PITTSBURG 100.80

WAYNE COUNTY 100.21

DRESDEN 99.73

COLUMBIA ACADEMY 95.60

HUMBOLDT 94.32

CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY 94.02

WEST CARROLL 92.79

CLOUDLAND 92.31

COALFIELD 90.20

JO BYRNS 89.35

COPPER BASIN 89.07

FAYETTEVILLE 88.69

Edited by NCSdad1962

Sonny Moore's 1A Top 15....................

School - Power Rating

UNION CITY 121.52

NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN 109.34

GREENBACK 104.49

SOUTH PITTSBURG 100.80

WAYNE COUNTY 100.21

DRESDEN 99.73

COLUMBIA ACADEMY 95.60

HUMBOLDT 94.32

CLARKSVILLE ACADEMY 94.02

WEST CARROLL 92.79

CLOUDLAND 92.31

COALFIELD 90.20

JO BYRNS 89.35

COPPER BASIN 89.07

FAYETTEVILLE 88.69

The ratings gets alot better as the weeks go by.

How will the new classifications/districting affect scheduling like this?  Do you expect anything to change as far as scheduling non-district games?

1962. with the new classifications/regions coming next year, it has the possibility of some great non-region match-ups across the board.

It just depends on how far teams are willing to travel and how many non-region open dates they have.

I've seen one projection that has SP in a region with 8 other teams, so if that holds true, SP will only have 2 open dates to fill.

Marion Co will fill one of those games and I look for the other game to be filled locally with Boyd, or possibly Polk Co.

In theory, great match-ups are possible outside the regions, as top 4 in each region makes the playoffs and the outcomes of non-regional games are no longer a determining factor.

So, in theory, yes...in reality, it remains to be seen.

This looks pretty solid for 1A.  S. Pitt may be a little too high but not far off of their spot.  I've heard they are down just a bit from their traditionally strong teams so that may account for being in the 4 hole.  I'd have them around 6-8.  Looks like a fair rating though, for the most part.

Kaz

1962. with the new classifications/regions coming next year, it has the possibility of some great non-region match-ups across the board.

It just depends on how far teams are willing to travel and how many non-region open dates they have.

I've seen one projection that has SP in a region with 8 other teams, so if that holds true, SP will only have 2 open dates to fill.

Marion Co will fill one of those games and I look for the other game to be filled locally with Boyd, or possibly Polk Co.

In theory, great match-ups are possible outside the regions, as top 4 in each region makes the playoffs and the outcomes of non-regional games are no longer a determining factor.

So, in theory, yes...in reality, it remains to be seen.

The Copper Basin-Marion County game on October 10th is going to be a big one. CB should be 5-1 going into that game and if they beat Marion County the Cougars will be in the top 5.