Henry County Patriots @ 6-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets

JacketLover

If Liberty, Ridgeway, and Rossville could not put 30+ points on the board, I find it very difficult to believe Springfield could accomplish that task. It is possible but unlikely. HC has a stout D line and arguably the best LB in the state. I am nervous about this game but also confident in how HC has been playing.

And that LB would be?

I did not know Northwest scored 22 on Springfield. With that in mind I will go with HC 56 - Springfield 21.

I for 1 have not been making outrages comments, also to be fair, the coaches for Springfield shut it down and start playing their reserves once the game is in hand and that is when most of these points are scored. I have seen both of these teams play and predictions like yours is just ignorant and kinda disrespectful.....

I for 1 have not been making outrages comments, also to be fair, the coaches for Springfield shut it down and start playing their reserves once the game is in hand and that is when most of these points are scored. I have seen both of these teams play and predictions like yours is just ignorant and kinda disrespectful.....

I am not trying to be disrespectful but I am ignorant about Springfield. Their record, momentum, and reputation as a good football team cannot be overlooked. However, for a 6-0 to let an offense like Northwest to put that many points on the board shows a weakness. If HC can capitalize on that,they will put the points on the board. HC has the weakness of big plays and if Springfield can capitalize on that the score will be in their favor.

I am not trying to be disrespectful but I am ignorant about Springfield. Their record, momentum, and reputation as a good football team cannot be overlooked. However, for a 6-0 to let an offense like Northwest to put that many points on the board shows a weakness. If HC can capitalize on that,they will put the points on the board. HC has the weakness of big plays and if Springfield can capitalize on that the score will be in their favor.

Kevin is correct. Springfield did allow 22 points to Northwest, but 15 of those points came in the 4th quarter against JV players. The Jackets' JV played the last half of the 3rd quarter and the entire 4th quarter. The score could have been a lot worse if Springfield had wanted.

The same thing happened in the White House game. White House scored their only points against the JV defense, and Springfield shut the offense down in the 3rd quarter. The Jackets could have put up 60 points against the Blue Devils, and many fans wished they would have. Having been on the receiving end of some of these lopsided scores, I totally understand why Coach Wilson chose not to do this. You will not find a classier coach in the state.

This is why I do not like to compare scores. The HC-Rossview game may have been a lot closer if the Rossview QB didn't get injured and Rossview turn it over twice near the end of the game. Lots of funny things happen at the end of games.

All this being said, HC will definitely be the best team the Jackets have faced up to this point. Springfield may not be as good as Liberty or Ridgeway, but the Jackets are playing their best football of the season right now. However this game turns out, it should be a great contest and I do not see either team winning by more than a TD.

Kevin is correct. Springfield did allow 22 points to Northwest, but 15 of those points came in the 4th quarter against JV players. The Jackets' JV played the last half of the 3rd quarter and the entire 4th quarter. The score could have been a lot worse if Springfield had wanted.

The same thing happened in the White House game. White House scored their only points against the JV defense, and Springfield shut the offense down in the 3rd quarter. The Jackets could have put up 60 points against the Blue Devils, and many fans wished they would have. Having been on the receiving end of some of these lopsided scores, I totally understand why Coach Wilson chose not to do this. You will not find a classier coach in the state.

This is why I do not like to compare scores. The HC-Rossview game may have been a lot closer if the Rossview QB didn't get injured and Rossview turn it over twice near the end of the game. Lots of funny things happen at the end of games.

All this being said, HC will definitely be the best team the Jackets have faced up to this point. Springfield may not be as good as Liberty or Ridgeway, but the Jackets are playing their best football of the season right now. However this game turns out, it should be a great contest and I do not see either team winning by more than a TD.

Thanks for the information and that makes me even more nervous about the game. You are probably right then that it will not be more than a TD difference.

All you guys screaming look at this look at that just put down a final score and we will see! I'm not putting your team down I just got a new respect for Springfield? My opinion is my opinion like or lump it I still like the Jackets! Good luck may the best team win. But if you want to talk crap be bold enough to post a score! I don't know your region as much as u guys but I like to talk football. I know 7aaa like the back of my hand any of you guys ever pick those games? I've been off and on coacht for many years and I thought that's what this sight was for " having fun with other high school football fans."

The points that our one common opponent (Clarksville's Northwest Vikings) scored came against our JV.  This only proves that The Big Red's JV is better than our JV.  Something that surprises none of us.  Friday night I am hoping that the Pat's JV don't see any time.  If they do we are in trouble.  It will be the first time in three years that the HC JV hasn't played against us. We are better than we have been in three very long years.  We are playing our best ball right now.  To keep it close we will have to play mistake free/penalty free football.  In the 9 years I have followed this district we have never beaten Big Red.  The closest we came was a 6 point loss in 2010.  Both sides of  Henry County's line play have dominated us in the past.  To win we will have to contain the defensive push and break some long runs.  Can we?  Yes.  Will we?  That is why they play on Friday nights.  As much as it pains me I say we lose by 6 again..........Red 24 Jackets 18.   BUT we gain Big Red's respect. 

I'm still not convinced.

Henry County by at least 21.

Ending Springfield's winning streak, and starting a 4 game losing streak. 

They may be out of the basement, but they are still a long way from even competing with the likes of the Patriots.

We will see how close we are to competing with Red on Friday.  But to base the outcome of the game with the Pats with resulting in losses to Clarksville Kenwood and Clarksville High is a stretch.  Clarksville Rossview probably beats us but I see us rolling over the other two district opponents.  I have the Jackets finishing a very respectable 8-2.