9-AAA part 2

MJGOLDENBEARS

The rivalries, atmosphere and class of the teams, programs and fans is what make 9AAA the true meaning of high school football. As I watched my son's high school career came to an end; it was hard to believe how fast the last four years have gone by.

9AAA will always be part of my life and my son's life and we will talk about the great games and teams for the rest of our lives.

Thank you Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Portland, Station Camp and Wilson Central and all of your fans for the memories you have given to me and made for my son.

We wish you all the very best !

GO BEARS ! #34

Edited by BKisler

Bears could be very good in a couple of yrs

Yes, but unfortunately I don't see next year being much better. We will still be starting a team full of a bunch of juniors, sophomores, and freshman. Also our QB is going to be a sophomore. Just based off knowing this, I unfortunately predict another possible 5-5 and 6-4 for MJ. Ofcourse I may be wrong, I just don't want people jumping to conclusions thinking MJ will be a powerhouse... That is unlikely. However in two years, we may be discussing about true powerhouse in MJ.

Yes, but unfortunately I don't see next year being much better. We will still be starting a team full of a bunch of juniors, sophomores, and freshman. Also our QB is going to be a sophomore. Just based off knowing this, I unfortunately predict another possible 5-5 and 6-4 for MJ. Ofcourse I may be wrong, I just don't want people jumping to conclusions thinking MJ will be a powerhouse... That is unlikely. However in two years, we may be discussing about true powerhouse in MJ.

Gallatin should be really good the next few years. Linemen and skill positions return. Need to find a kicker and a receiver or two.

Based on what? Beech has just as much talent and I believe Hendersonville does also returning next year. Your freshman team won what 2 games this year and I believe 3 last year. Both middle schools were very average this year. I guess it's time for your annual "best young talent around" statement. You will be good with Banks and Mason back but not as good as the Bucs with both Vanzants, Napper, and Hafner.

I would lean toward this 5A Region being:

Beech

Hendersonville

Gallatin

Hunter's Lane

Station Camp

Glencliff

Yes, I put Hunter's Lane ahead of Station Camp, assuming that's what the region ends up looking like.  That said, I do believe the top three teams in the region will all be capable of beating one another next year and could in fact be interchangeable.  I believe Station Camp will be DOWN.

I know there's a few Gallatin guys on here but I have no idea why or where this Gallatin love is coming from.. Gallatin has never even won 9-AAA under the current structure I don't believe and don't see them surpassing the likes of Hendersonville or Beech anytime soon.. So talking about 12 win seasons is a massive stretch.

You hear it every year... But I would bet on Hville, Beech, or MJ finishing ahead of Gallatin in most years, and I don't think next year is any different...

Based on what? Beech has just as much talent and I believe Hendersonville does also returning next year. Your freshman team won what 2 games this year and I believe 3 last year. Both middle schools were very average this year. I guess it's time for your annual "best young talent around" statement. You will be good with Banks and Mason back but not as good as the Bucs with both Vanzants, Napper, and Hafner.

that line of thinking is what I would expect but not accurate. Basing a varsity off of a 9th grade is a huge flaw. Gallatin's seniors won what one game as freshmen and how many did they win this year? One year you have linemen, one year you have backs, one year a great kicker, it takes all the pieces my friend. As eers likes to say it's all about matchups. Gallatin would have beaten Columbia and Beech would have lost to Springfield. It's conjecture but that's the way I see it.

I do agree that Station Camp will be way down. Cane Ridge, Hillsboro, Glencliff and Hunters Lane will all be chasing Hendersonville, Beech and Gallatin.

Matchups... so very true.

I'm not sure that Beech would have lost to Springfield, hopefully we will see that game next week! lol  I don't want anyone to assume that I am saying that will be the case, both schools will have their hands full this week, but it could happen.