Enrollment Numbers are Out....

I think it might be EASIER moving up. With North shrinking and losing players to DB every year, HV is bad and only going to get worse, and SG isn't going to get much better in the next few years. I would take my chances with them before I would with Coalfield and Greenback.

Not to mention the gate and travel. Looks like a no brainer to me.

Not to mention the gate and travel. Looks like a no brainer to me.

It would be nice having to only go as far as SG. That might be the the least amount of travel Unaka has EVER had to do for conference games sunce they went to classifacations.

Plus a typical North team vs. a typical Hampton team would be a FUN game to watch if you like physical, hard nosed football.

Hmm.. I just looked at enrollment numbers.. @ http://tssaa.org/potential-football-classes-for-2015-16/ I wonder why was it just top 32 to make up Class 6A? If they just go by pure numbers, there are 309 football playing schools on their list. They want 6 classes, using the stated enrollment numbers, that's 51.4 schools per class (not 32), and divide the class into 8 regions, that's 6.4 teams per district/region. I say work it out this way: have 6A & 5A with 53 teams each, then 4A & 3A with 52 teams, 2A has 50, & 1A with 49 teams each. (309 teams, with schools having more students having more teams per class). Thus the six classes with 8 regions each creates a 6 or 7 team district (arrange them by geographic proximity), and then have top 4 teams in each district make playoffs. Thus 32 get in per class, then 16, elite 8, final 4, then championship. No bye weeks, 10 game season, 5 playoff games to crown the champ. Looking at above list in link (going down),

6A would be White Station (2289) to Morrristown Hamblen West (1461);

5A is Ooltewah (1452) to Anderson County (1064);

4A is Kirby (1058) to CAK (766.8);

3A is Red Bank (754) to Gatlinburg-Pittman (562);

2A is Lewis Co (555) to Jellico (384);

1A is KIPP Memphis (381) to Gleason (161).

Larger size schools have more teams per class is my thinking, and it goes by enrollment numbers only. Wouldn't this be better? Maybe adjust and tweak it every 4 (or 6) years? Just use simple math as the KISS principle, Keep It Short & Simple. It's not politics, nor records, nor whatever else, just math and enrollment numbers (with a smidgen of logic perhaps?) to make things as fair as possible. But whadda I know, just a dumb hick from the sticks.

Because middle TN did not want Maryville beating them every year.......think about it.

I've been following twitter a little bit today.

As of 10:13am there are no signed documents from any school in the State asking to move up, so says that Childress man.

#midnight

Contrary to what ppl at the TSSAA say, one school not only has turned in papers to move up but did so Yesterday!

Contrary to what ppl at the TSSAA say, one school not only has turned in papers to move up but did so Yesterday!

Very interesting!!

TSSAA executive director Bernard Childress: I've gotten a lot of questions, but as of (10:13 a.m.), no signed documents asking to move up

Edited by Southtowner

Congrats Alcoa on 2 years of completely uninteresting 75 point wins on your way to the championship game.. keep rubbing it in I'd be proud to beat up on a bunch of county schools. 2a ball I hope yall ain't to proud to dress in tiny weight rooms and classrooms with no showers after you play on a old muddy field in front of a couple hundred people.