Heard from Maryville or Alcoa, TSSAA?

FridayMainEvent

No doubt I wouldn't trade coach Rob Black for anybody he turned down many jobs just to wait his turn to be the fulton head coach... He bleeds fulton and I trust him to get our boys ready to play against anybody and I would love to make maryville an annual game that can only help us...

I was hoping we'd go after him in the spring when we.was looking for a coach. Worked out pretty good last time the smoky bears hired a coach from Fulton :) I'd like to play you guys as well. These blow outs past 3 weeks have been boring. Really 4 weeks because mairvul stomped us. And this Friday will probably be another blow out. Plenty of good teams around here to play, sucks having to watch.so many boring games

So this debacle of a plan is Maryville's fault, and before any decision is announced you are branding them? After hearing it for years while in 4A and more than proving it at the highest level? Really? If the TSSAA was so concerned about Maryville being in the highest level they would not have concocted this ridiculous plan to begin with. 

Yep, take the shots your team has not been able to do. 

I disagree with you, I think the ONLY reason they are allowing teams to move into the Super 32 is so Maryville could do it, but that is my opinion and not based on anything but speculation. I could be 100% wrong, but we will probably never know for sure. 

Take the shots Farragut hasn't been able to....Very interesing, we have played in the largest classification ever since I can remember, even back in the day when I played in the good old days. So we have taken and given many "shots." Whereas you guys have been in it since what, 2010, and now they don't want to play the best. Give me a break if you think they are concerned about the "travel budget." 

And yes, Farragut has been down they last three years and that is because, as enrollment numbers show, we have been playing with 6A schools with the enrollment of a 5A school. Someone told me that students are finally being zoned back to Farragut and that enrollment should be back on the rise. I still can't believe that there are people that live in the Town of Farragut, that don't go to Farragut High School. The new school, Hardin Valley, has really hurt Farragut enrollment wise and those effects are finally being seen by the football team. 

I disagree with you, I think the ONLY reason they are allowing teams to move into the Super 32 is so Maryville could do it, but that is my opinion and not based on anything but speculation. I could be 100% wrong, but we will probably never know for sure. 

Take the shots Farragut hasn't been able to....Very interesing, we have played in the largest classification ever since I can remember, even back in the day when I played in the good old days. So we have taken and given many "shots." Whereas you guys have been in it since what, 2010, and now they don't want to play the best. Give me a break if you think they are concerned about the "travel budget." 

And yes, Farragut has been down they last three years and that is because, as enrollment numbers show, we have been playing with 6A schools with the enrollment of a 5A school. Someone told me that students are finally being zoned back to Farragut and that enrollment should be back on the rise. I still can't believe that there are people that live in the Town of Farragut, that don't go to Farragut High School. The new school, Hardin Valley, has really hurt Farragut enrollment wise and those effects are finally being seen by the football team. 

Well I guess to me the plan is so ill conceived to begin with any other underlying motivation behind it is really a moot point. The travel concern runs two different directions, travel expense, and playing visiting teams who do not travel well or at all (fans) and the gate taking a hit. You seem to infer Quarles is using it as an excuse to stay in 5A? Why? Who in 6A could he possibly be trying to avoid? An earlier post shows clearly half of the super 32 currently own losing records. Until this plays out a year or two no one will know what is what in terms of competition week in and week out between the two classes. IF they were concerned about "fixing"  it where Maryville could get in the 32 and IF they were looking anywhere past the size of their future coffers they would have gone ahead and laid out the regions so those involved could make an informed decision. 

Alcoa has 500 some odd students. Student numbers do not necessarily drive success or lack of it on the football field. I refer back to the fact that currently half of the Super 32 this season are laying a collective egg. But you want to hold Maryville to a different standard in any and everything. I get it. Carry on. 

Edited by mhs

Guest nothingelsematters

It's not that they don't want to play them, it's just that they would have to go to Cookeville and Kingsport every other year for region games.

Not so fast my friend, they still might play up. GQ is keeping it very quiet. He won't tell anybody until he has told TSSAA.

GQ knows that there are other 5A teams in the area that want to do the opposite of what Murvil does. If they stay 5, a couple other teams would move up, if they move up the others will stay 5. So, he wants those teams to make their own decision and not have it based on what Murvil does. It's like a poker game right now and GQ holds all the chips and has his cards very close to the vest. I don't blame him one bit.

GQ will surprise everyone. He does hold all of the cards. His next move after putting the rebs as the champs in all classes except for single A is to take his semi-private game to D2 and show the big boys how the game is played.