South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

Marion County won't be the same team next year fellers. Been around this game for a while and I've heard it a million times. They say we will be fine #1, 2, and 3's total production will make up for losing the Z train. 99 times out of a 100 THEY are wrong. There is a reason kids like Zeman, Westmorland, Janeway, Brown, Jason and Joe Muir, Rankin, Gudger and the list goes on. They catch our eyes because they stand head and shoulders above everybody else on the football field. Most of the time those guys also bring more to a team than just their stats. Playing the role of leaders and bringing intangibles to the tables. Just my two cents though. Keep rolling MC and good luck to the Pirates for the rest of the year.  

Here's the way it works. Little league teams grow up to be middle school teams. Middle school teams grow up to be high school teams. It's called a feeder system. You should really learn some stuff about football. Are you a house wife?

You must not have read my post earlier.  There are a ton of kids that don't even play little league....or if they do they may take a year or two off.  There are several in my son's age group at SP that are not playing football this year.  Kids have other interests sometimes besides sports. 

I understand your concept but most little league coaches are not on the same level as high school coaches. 

I will have to disagree with most Pirate supporters here. I think Marion has a pretty good team this year. This average talk is most likely because we hate MC so bad. They have played a weak schedule yes but the East isn't that great anyways. Yes Zeman is the biggest difference but without him they still beat every team they have played minus Central. Do I think MC is great? No I do not but they are pretty dang good and coached very well. This year for them is similar to last year for SP. There really is no great team in the East in 1A or 2A. TC will be biggest challenge and they have lost their two best lineman for the year and best linebacker so they aren't at their best and have struggled with so many injuries. I think MC is favorite to get Cookeville. Whether they can win it or not I have no idea I haven't seen anyone from the West but I've seen most in the East and MC is more talented than any of them.

Btw Oneida,Hampton,Rockwood,Grace and Boyd are all 5 very close. The statement about Oneida and Hampton being lights out is kinda like star gazing. All 5 could beat each other on any given night. MC and TC are clear favorites

Its my understanding that everyone is back? What are the #'s of the two linemen and linebacker in question?

Its my understanding that everyone is back? What are the #'s of the two linemen and linebacker in question?

I would have to ask but that came from the horses mouth. I believe they were lost early and I'm pretty positive they are done for the year. Harper is back but the 2 lineman are done for year. Linebacker was just lost in last few weeks. Not saying MC couldn't beat them with those guys but it most def helps your chances to reach Cookeville.