Donovan Stewart's Projected 2015-2016 Regions

kwc

Jellico is a lock, they will be moving to upper east tennessee. They used to be there and they will be heading back. (3 hour bus rides are back for Jellico, Cloudland, & Unaka) I'm hearing Greenback from District 3 will move to upper east tennessee also. (Your guess is good as mine)  Travel will be tough for all schools involved. Gates will diminish for everyone involved. Not sure what the answer is to solve problem with only 3 Class A football schools in upper east tennessee.

Its actually fairly simple, change the #s 6 students. The cutoff is at 399, if it were 405 bothe Hampton and Cosby would be in 1a. Idon't really care,but it is a fairly easy fix. Edited by pujo

I would rather keep the current plan (Z plan) over new plan.The travel not that bad for district game least wise here in W Tn. You get to keep your big money games and rival game.This new proposall with 8 or 9 teams in a region you will lose them games. Biggest complaint you hear about Z plan is having to wait till Sat. morning find out who you play 1st game.

I would rather keep the current plan (Z plan) over new plan.The travel not that bad for district game least wise here in W Tn. You get to keep your big money games and rival game.This new proposall with 8 or 9 teams in a region you will lose them games. Biggest complaint you hear about Z plan is having to wait till Sat. morning find out who you play 1st game.

The Z plan is better than this. Gonna be alot of travel in Upper East TN. Gates will be small and it takes alot of money to field a football team.

Jellico is a lock, they will be moving to upper east tennessee. They used to be there and they will be heading back. (3 hour bus rides are back for Jellico, Cloudland, & Unaka) I'm hearing Greenback from District 3 will move to upper east tennessee also. (Your guess is good as mine)  Travel will be tough for all schools involved. Gates will diminish for everyone involved. Not sure what the answer is to solve problem with only 3 Class A football schools in upper east tennessee.

It wou;ldn't surprise me if Jellico dropped football.

The Z plan is better than this. Gonna be alot of travel in Upper East TN. Gates will be small and it takes alot of money to field a football team.

What's the reasoning for changing the system every 2 or 3 years? Why not have a system and tweak it a little ever year till you get right. Instead of going to new one ever few years. Edited by horse

What's the reasoning for changing the system every 2 or 3 years? Why not have a system and tweet it a little ever year till you get right. Instead of going to new one ever few years.

It's been 6 seasons since the Z plan went in. Longer than that for the old region format the is pretty similar to next years format with the exception of the "big 32". From 2008 back to whenever it was 5 classes with 8 team regions more or less. Everyone has complained about the Z plan since it took affect and most wanted the old way back so they eventually changed it. All be it with the usual TSSAA spin of course.

It's been 6 seasons since the Z plan went in. Longer than that for the old region format the is pretty similar to next years format with the exception of the "big 32". From 2008 back to whenever it was 5 classes with 8 team regions more or less. Everyone has complained about the Z plan since it took affect and most wanted the old way back so they eventually changed it. All be it with the usual TSSAA spin of course.

People wanted a split and they thought we meant 5a and 6a.LOL

3 hour bus rides are always easier after a blow out win. If they send Greenback up here, surely they'll send the private school up too, since its closer than Greenback

It would make sense but I don't think they will. Region 1 will be Cloudland-Unaka-Hancock-Greenback-Jellico.  Private school will lobby to stay in Region 2 and TSSAA will let them. Only public schools are plucked out to travel it seems.

What's the reasoning for changing the system every 2 or 3 years? Why not have a system and tweak it a little ever year till you get right. Instead of going to new one ever few years.

According to the TSSAA, many complaints from coaches and administrators about enrollment differences within the classes. I personally don't think they should have changed anything until the classification cycle is up in two years.

It wou;ldn't surprise me if Jellico dropped football.

Even though they are a struggling program pujo, I don't think that will happen. I heard they had around 35 players out for football this year. Region 1 will be getting a struggling program which will only weaken that region.