Science Hill versus Maryville

bud

Well here's the skinny on this one, a super defense playing a super offense. Maryville has racked up 517 points this year while giving up 105 playing seven teams that made it to the playoffs. Science Hill scored 605 and has given up 265 and also played seven teams that have made it to the playoff. Giving up 265 points is more than double what Maryville has allowed playing similar type schedules. If I based this game on that alone I would give it to Maryville and not think twice about it but S.H. played Brentwood Academy away and lost 45-42 and that has my attention. The other thing that has my attention is Science Hill laid it on D.B. in the playoffs but the first game was a lot closer. Maryville really wasn't even challenged against Sevier County the first game and really wasn't the second until the dam broke lose early in the third quarter leaving everyone there setting with a confused look on their faces, Had Sevier County not been so stupid to go for forth down running the ball up the middle that game could of ended up a fight to the end. Right now the weatherman is calling for 31 and 50% chance of rain showers that night but that seems to always change getting closer to game time. If Maryville wins this game you couldn't ask for a better team to play in order to get ready for the next game. Going to be a real good game Friday Night and wouldn't miss it for the world.

That's good stuff Barney, but I don't see super offense when compared they only have about 80 more points and maryville virtually stops scoring on people when I bet SH tends to run it up when they can just because they haven't been there before like the Rebs. I see super defense in the stats and I bet the SH starters play longer each game but giving up double plus 50 could be all you need to know in this 1.

What Sevier County did last year against Science Hill means absolutely nothing this year so you can quit hanging your hat on that. But if you do want to talk like that, you all lost to DB this year. We've beaten them twice in two weeks, this last time in a blowout. None of these other games matter. All that matters is SH/Maryville. This year. 

Plain and simple if SH's defense does not show up, Maryville wins easily. If they do show up, this one could get interesting. I remember all the talk leading up to the Brentwood Academy game. No one was giving SH a chance. Everyone was saying they were going to get blown out. Didn't happen. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see which Topper team shows up to play come Friday. 

And for those saying SH must've kept their starters in late in these blowouts they've had this year. Not true. SH's starters were always taken out after halftime or early in the 3rd quarter in those games. SH even played a game or two without McGue. 

Don't be fooled...this one won't be close.

I completely agree, I look for Maryville to win easily. Maryville has been dominating upper East Tennessee teams for years. I think it will be more of the same this year.

I understand every year is different but Maryville's defense is tremendous even by Maryville standards. They will get some stops on SH whereas SH is suspect on D and Maryville will score at will. I think Science Hill needs to score 50+ points to even have a chance to win. There is no team in ET that can do that against the defense Maryville has this year. IMO.

Edited by Norman Dale

Watched Malik McGue highlights in their loss to Brentwood Academy. He made Brentwood Academy look bad. We all know how good BA is every year. In McGue I see the same explosiveness as Malik Foreman of DB had. Big difference is McGue can throw the ball much better. Science Hill has outstanding wideouts also. This will be the best offensive team Maryville has seen this year. I also believe Maryville will be by far the best defense SH has seen. Can't wait till Friday night. Should be a great one.

Watched Malik McGue highlights in their loss to Brentwood Academy. He made Brentwood Academy look bad. We all know how good BA is every year. In McGue I see the same explosiveness as Malik Foreman of DB had. Big difference is McGue can throw the ball much better. Science Hill has outstanding wideouts also. This will be the best offensive team Maryville has seen this year. I also believe Maryville will be by far the best defense SH has seen. Can't wait till Friday night. Should be a great one.

Can't wait till Friday night????   i just hope an impromptu dulcimer concert doesnt break out somewhere...................... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

My big concern is if number 1# has been hurt and don't play can we still run up as many points. Half the points we scored this year came in a five game stretch to a group of lovable losers that couldn't beat the JV team.  I saw 17# take some licks Friday Night and it concerns me how much punishment his small frame can take. I also can't get the Brentwood Academy game out of my head. I wish I knew someone that went to it because that was played at Brentwood.  Yes I think we will win but I don't count chickens before their hatched. When the dam broke open in the third quarter Friday it proved we are human and anything can happen.

My big concern is if number 1# has been hurt and don't play can we still run up as many points. Half the points we scored this year came in a five game stretch to a group of lovable losers that couldn't beat the JV team. I saw 17# take some licks Friday Night and it concerns me how much punishment his small frame can take. I also can't get the Brentwood Academy game out of my head. I wish I knew someone that went to it because that was played at Brentwood. Yes I think we will win but I don't count chickens before their hatched. When the dam broke open in the third quarter Friday it proved we are human and anything can happen.

# 1 will be ready to go Friday nt.