Science Hill versus Maryville

bud

What position(s) does Mr McGue play? Big man? Small man? Fast man?

That's one of the best parts about going deep in the playoffs - the opportunity to see some real difference makers.

McGue kind of does it all for SH. His primary position is QB but at times he will also line up at WR. He returns kicks and plays in the secondary too. Just an all-around great player. He's small, 5'7-5'8 but is quick and shifty.

On a positive note, I think Tyler Vaught finally showed what he is capable of at QB. He looked as sharp throwing the ball and decision making as he has all year. I sure hope he is healty and ready to play next week.

Go REBELS!!!

You could tell a major difference when he came out of the game for sure. If he did have concussion symptoms there is no ball game in the world worth taking a risk of getting hurt again. Tyler has a great future in front of him and if this causes him to be out the next game or end his season everyone of us Rebel Fans would totally understand. 

I think the 3 minutes of excitement from the Bears may be the worst thing that could have happened to SH and they chance to win. The Rebs will be ready and although I agree with some others here the Brentwood game should help the mindset of the hill toppers it can get out of hand fast with them all stars. SH is not better on offense than SC was last year and the d is just as good this year for maryville. I think SH has very little chance of winning but if they can get into the second half who knows. In the end defense wins championships and this defense is top notch. Also SC destroyed SH last year mague and all so I just can't see them getting out of the black hole with the w. I think most schools can win any given Friday except against maryville they really are on a different level.

I hate the rebels and their fans but I hope they win because they beat my Smoky Bears and at least in my mind it feels good to get put out by the Champs if you have to get put out. SH has had a good season but they need a miricle this week.

I think the 3 minutes of excitement from the Bears may be the worst thing that could have happened to SH and they chance to win. The Rebs will be ready and although I agree with some others here the Brentwood game should help the mindset of the hill toppers it can get out of hand fast with them all stars. SH is not better on offense than SC was last year and the d is just as good this year for maryville. I think SH has very little chance of winning but if they can get into the second half who knows. In the end defense wins championships and this defense is top notch. Also SC destroyed SH last year mague and all so I just can't see them getting out of the black hole with the w. I think most schools can win any given Friday except against maryville they really are on a different level.

I hate the rebels and their fans but I hope they win because they beat my Smoky Bears and at least in my mind it feels good to get put out by the Champs if you have to get put out. SH has had a good season but they need a miricle this week.

You hate the Rebels and their fans... Wow

Well here's the skinny on this one, a super defense playing a super offense. Maryville has racked up 517 points this year while giving up 105 playing seven teams that made it to the playoffs. Science Hill scored 605 and has given up 265 and also played seven teams that have made it to the playoff.  Giving up 265 points is more than double what Maryville has allowed playing similar type schedules.  If I based this game on that alone I would give it to Maryville and not think twice about it but S.H. played Brentwood Academy away and lost 45-42 and that has my attention. The other thing that has my attention is Science Hill laid it on D.B. in the playoffs but the first game was a lot closer. Maryville really wasn't even challenged against Sevier County the first game and really wasn't the second until the dam broke lose early in the third quarter leaving everyone there setting with a confused look on their faces, Had Sevier County not been so stupid to go for forth down running the ball up the middle that game could of ended up a fight to the end.  Right now the weatherman is calling for 31 and 50% chance of rain showers that night but that seems to always change getting closer to game time. If Maryville wins this game you couldn't ask for a better team to play in order to get ready for the next game. Going to be a real good game Friday Night and wouldn't miss it for the world.