Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

Be honest and give Rockwood credit, they just whipped you.  Something about playing on a natural surface on a cold night that can change a thing or two.  If you do not have your head on right from the beginning you just might lose it.

Now, I am not here to bicker or argue, or even make comments against these fine young men on both teams.  They are young men and most very young at that, most not even 18 yet.  We sit back and take pot shots at each other and that's ok, but remember we are not the ones playing the game.  A little PCC goes along way here, maybe it should flow to some other ares.

The game: Oh My Goodness, Lambert's boys are ready, come prepared to be hit, and win or lose, I guarantee GCA will know that they were in a dogfight.  Do not come to the mountains thinking you have it in the bag.  There will not be any pancaking of the OHS D-Line, nor the Linebackers.  And the DB's well they going to stick those boys too.  

Nobody scores more than two touchdowns on the reservation! 

Remarkably, LawK is pretty accurate.  Especially with the latter part of his post.  We will hit ya, and I revert back to my earlier post about knocking players on our backs.  We might get blocked, but there usually are reinforcements not far behind.  And SO FAR,  no one has scored more than a pair of TD's in any game.

Kaz

Guest Fall101

Be honest and give Rockwood credit, they just whipped you. Something about playing on a natural surface on a cold night that can change a thing or two. If you do not have your head on right from the beginning you just might lose it.

Now, I am not here to bicker or argue, or even make comments against these fine young men on both teams. They are young men and most very young at that, most not even 18 yet. We sit back and take pot shots at each other and that's ok, but remember we are not the ones playing the game. A little PCC goes along way here, maybe it should flow to some other ares.

The game: Oh My Goodness, Lambert's boys are ready, come prepared to be hit, and win or lose, I guarantee GCA will know that they were in a dogfight. Do not come to the mountains thinking you have it in the bag. There will not be any pancaking of the OHS D-Line, nor the Linebackers. And the DB's well they going to stick those boys too.

Nobody scores more than two touchdowns on the reservation!

Dang right nobody scores more than 2! These post bout flat backin our Indians are makin me hyped! I can't wait to see some of those Rams flat backed! Seek em BAM BAM

I think Oneida has the better defense IMO.  Grace has held only four teams under 2 touchdowns all year. (A-E, Kingston, Midway, and the first game against Meigs)  Only two of those teams made the play-offs (Midway and Meigs)(and they are both gone).  Oneida isn't known for lighting up the scoreboard, yet they have scored points against everyone they have faced, and their grind it out style has continued to manufacture points, even when teams overloaded the box (Sunbright) in an effort to try to stop the run game.  I think it is conceivable that the Indians will test Grace's Secondary Friday....?  Grace certainly passes the eye test....they look like a first class outfit.  You get nice, shiny gear your team is going to look good too! :thumb: Oneida hasn't scared anyone at first glance, but there is more substance there than meets the eye IMO.  If, as Law says, the boys are ready there will be plenty of bloody lips and bruises when it is all done.....!  Come on weather.....clear up!

Kazaleeno :thumb:

Raven, there are a couple of our boys that ain't going to take kindly to that post.  If you guys got someone that can put #40 or #78 on their back, I haven't seen him on the film.  Both of them stood toe to toe with Stewart (Coalfield).....and in all honesty, you don't have one of those.  What is he 6'3 315?  You got some beef, just not that kind of beef.  Here we go....!

Kazanity

Kaz, those films are deceiving...Believe ME!

I was on the field after our game and a GCA boy came up to speak to my kid...I'm in the 6'2 area and 255 and I was SMALL compared to this kid! He aint the only one either!

Their size and speed will surprise you if you all aren't ready for it...I'm attempting to help you all be ready! There is a reason their 220lb backs have good holes to run thru!

They were better Friday night than any game I saw on film....Peaking? Playing Possum? I really dont know!

If you slow the run, as we did early by loading the box, be ready for anything....DEs, & Corners HAVE to contain & cut off the sweep....Account for every darn ram or one will end up 20yds behind your DBs for a TD....I still can't believe how we played Friday night.

If they get you all sliding backwards, as was the case after so many mistakes by us, they'll make you hate their FB...'cause he will pound and pound and pound ya.

I don't see Oneida backing up in this one as I feel we did....But, if GCA wants this game as badly as they wanted the one last Friday in Hampton, it'll be a war....Now saying that, GCA wanted this win in Hampton more than anyone could imagine (from the head, down) but could have used up their gas...Oneida could roll and make me & Hampton look a fool!

I think Oneida has the better defense IMO.  Grace has held only four teams under 2 touchdowns all year. (A-E, Kingston, Midway, and the first game against Meigs)  Only two of those teams made the play-offs (Midway and Meigs)(and they are both gone).  Oneida isn't known for lighting up the scoreboard, yet they have scored points against everyone they have faced, and their grind it out style has continued to manufacture points, even when teams overloaded the box (Sunbright) in an effort to try to stop the run game.  I think it is conceivable that the Indians will test Grace's Secondary Friday....?  Grace certainly passes the eye test....they look like a first class outfit.  You get nice, shiny gear your team is going to look good too! :thumb: Oneida hasn't scared anyone at first glance, but there is more substance there than meets the eye IMO.  If, as Law says, the boys are ready there will be plenty of bloody lips and bruises when it is all done.....!  Come on weather.....clear up!

Kazaleeno :thumb:

GCA's secondary is good, but we were 6 for 6 at one point and could have & would have passed all night...But, the QB's re-injury to the ankle, early on, hurt that part of the game and took away the roll outs and escapes as the pocket collapsed too often....They dropped six back into coverage when we were in an evident passing formation and knowing the QB couldn't run.... At full speed and healthy, I feel Friday's game would have been much different...We went very vanilla, because we had to...GCA didn't see a 1/5 of the offense Oneida witnessed at Hampton. GCA gets credit for that!

Now, if Oneida can make GCA respect the run while they complete passes, that'll be a BIG plus

Edited by uknoit2

Bollocks.......that lineman signed with UT (or any DI school) yet?  Trust me, I have no resevations that GCA has some fine/big/stout linemen, but as I said before....they are not in the same sentence as Stewart in the recruiting radar.  He is an offensive lineman through and through, with the physical gifts to play big time ball. (I don't sense he has a defensive lineman's demeanor even though he looks like one)  I was told the Rockwood DL throughly outplayed GCA two weeks ago.  I feel like Roy down at Ronnies Red Eye during after his cleansing.....!  :blush:  I tell ya.....I'd grade our two DT's straight up equal to Grace's OT's.  If I'm wrong.....it's because I've seen them yet to be stuffed over the course of 4 qtrs this year.  If the GCA boys do that, hats off to them......but I bet they can hold their own during trench warfare....!

Possum.....takes a real player to get away with that in front of MaCamey.  We'll see how it goes.

kaz

I mean no disrespect to GCA's secondary, but we were 6 for 6 at one point and could have & would have passed all night...But, the QB's re-injury to the ankle, early on, hurt that part of the game and took away the roll outs and escapes as the pocket collapsed too often. At full speed and healthy, I feel Friday's game would have been much different...We went very vanilla, because we had to...GCA didn't see a 1/5 of the offense Oneida witnessed at Hampton. GCA gets credit for that!

If Oneida puts the ball in the air 7 times, I'll be shocked. Thats not their strength and they will not go away from what they do.Coach is too smart for that. They'll try to catch um with their bloomers down a time or 2 and burn um.They churn out 1st downs and punt if needed,their strength is their D and its pretty effective.I'm really excited to see what happens, just hope its cleanly played and don't come down to unexpected mishaps. I'm not really a betting man but if I were, I wouldn't bet.

If Oneida puts the ball in the air 7 times, I'll be shocked. Thats not their strength and they will not go away from what they do.Coach is too smart for that. They'll try to catch um with their bloomers down a time or 2 and burn um.They churn out 1st downs and punt if needed,their strength is their D and its pretty effective.I'm really excited to see what happens, just hope its cleanly played and don't come down to unexpected mishaps. I'm not really a betting man but if I were, I wouldn't bet.

LOL....Oneida cant lose heart or just give up...And I dont imagine they will!!!

No way I'd even consider a wager on this one either. A lot of talk already about heart & will in this one. Both have plenty of each, I really feel that this one is won or lost between the Indians ears. They have to maintain focus, play assignments, & read their keys. If they consistently do that & don't let the imaginary GCA "boogie man" take them out of their roll we can definitely give em a game & even a loss. If we let past games or the legend of how good a program has became or all the talk surrounding GCA get in our gords then, certainly it will be a long night. I'd take our bunch with a straight head & a fire in their belly over any 2A team all day every day. But that being said, ain't no jokers dancing this late in the party. You're not focused & diciplined, you'll be practicing lay ups next week.

LOL....Oneida cant lose heart or just give up...And I dont imagine they will!!!

NOT HAPPEMING.Some of our's surely did but its kids that hasn't been comitted.If you don't have the heart and pride to prepare,you can give up on the field as well. To be quite honest,we never had a single senior who was a true leader. That will NOT be the case next year.We'll actually have several, just hope we can get some followers.

No way I'd even consider a wager on this one either. A lot of talk already about heart & will in this one. Both have plenty of each, I really feel that this one is won or lost between the Indians ears. They have to maintain focus, play assignments, & read their keys. If they consistently do that & don't let the imaginary GCA "boogie man" take them out of their roll we can definitely give em a game & even a loss. If we let past games or the legend of how good a program has became or all the talk surrounding GCA get in our gords then, certainly it will be a long night. I'd take our bunch with a straight head & a fire in their belly over any 2A team all day every day. But that being said, ain't no jokers dancing this late in the party. You're not focused & diciplined, you'll be practicing lay ups next week.

You've lost me again but whats a LAY UP.Is that where you lay the helmet up for the last time.That don't sound like a fun game to me. We had several practice that last week.