CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

This UC team is good, but if you think they could hang with the 97 or 2000 2a state runner up teams or beat the '09 team, i have to disagree. I've played with these boys and I was on the '09 team and 2009 was a completely different animal in 1a. These guys are good, but DO NOT get so caught up in our success that you think they're invincible. We have the talent, but if these boys even think about thinking that we have it in the bag, then we'll lose. The mentality is what wins uc games, not our talent, but going in knowing we're there to punch a time clock and go to work.

My opinion is this 2014 team has a much better defense than the 2009 team. This team also has many more weapons on offense than the 2009 team. 2009 was tough, but this team is special.

From a completely objective standpoint, I disagree, I have seen all the mentioned teams play and I say this team is right there w/ any of those you mentioned. BUT, just like yours, mine is just an opinion. This team runs the veer like a machine but what separates them IMO is how good their defense is, once again just my opinion.....lol

I understand you maybe saying those teams would beat this group but find it funny you dont even think they could hang w/ them.....lol

Very good post. I'm an unbiased fan and I'm telling you outside of Nicks and the big Mr Football lineman on the 2009 team, this year is much better.

I watched late 80s, played in early 90s, paid attention to every year since. I thought my early 90s team could take last year's team but after this season I am 100% sure in my opinion this is the best team ever in union city history. There is no argument anyone can give regarding past union city teams to make me think different.

The good thing is, Union City should be about as healthy as they can be from the talked I have heard and reading.  That is what you want in your last games, especially when you are playing for GOLD.  There is no question, Coalfield will come at Union City with their defense.  But, on the other hand, a team equally as good and better will meet them.  I just feel to much speed.  Union City has way to much speed on both sides of the ball for Coalfield to stay very close.  I hope they kickoff to Union City and do not muff kicks and onside.  Union City is going to be ready.  Sure hope and wish I could make the trip but not going to get to go as of now.  Plan to use live streaming via internet.  Safe travels for all of those who are going.  It was mentioned to me that a possibility of rain for Friday and Saturday in Cookeville.

I don't think CF will score either from what I have seen. I'm not bashing them but I think UC has too much speed and muscle across the board, CF will have to break a long one to get in the end zone. Now at the same time I think UC will have to work to get their yards which will eat the clock and it will keep the game respectful as can be.

The good thing is, Union City should be about as healthy as they can be from the talked I have heard and reading. That is what you want in your last games, especially when you are playing for GOLD. There is no question, Coalfield will come at Union City with their defense. But, on the other hand, a team equally as good and better will meet them. I just feel to much speed. Union City has way to much speed on both sides of the ball for Coalfield to stay very close. I hope they kickoff to Union City and do not muff kicks and onside. Union City is going to be ready. Sure hope and wish I could make the trip but not going to get to go as of now. Plan to use live streaming via internet. Safe travels for all of those who are going. It was mentioned to me that a possibility of rain for Friday and Saturday in Cookeville.

Coalfield doesn't kick deep if that's what you are hoping for.

Off topic technically, but with such a high volume of replies I hope to get a quick answer. What is the parking situation like for the games? I am going tomorrow to watch Webb play (wife's Uncle is a coach there). I was just wondering if parking was free (I know it's highly unlikely) and if not, how much does it cost usually?