Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

If I could pick one thing I enjoy about Maryville Football more than anything is their ability to score with less than two minutes to go in the first half.  It's usually the back breaker in most tight games and last night it helped get us right back in the game. I've never seen a high school coach that has perfected this like GQ has. That in my opinion is worth the price of admission to see.  Most teams will let their guard down during that time because they think it takes six minutes to drive the ball down to score. This has became my favorite part of watching a Maryville football game.

Ravenwood ... wow , everybody was totally wrong about you guys , what an Awesome team , and what a bunch of Classy Coaches , Players , and Fans you guys had . I believe RavenWood may have been the Classiest team we've ever played in the State Championship game . They reminded me a lot of Siegel in 2012 . As I was leaving the Stadium , I ended up being right in the Middle of a huge crowd of Ravenwood students . I actually felt terrible for them and was trying to think of something to say to console them , but just didn't know what to say .  If ever another team deserved the Championship Trophy more , I can't think of them . Thank you Ravenwood Fans , Coaches and all the Players for being a part of one of the greatest State Championship games Played in Tennessee . 

Maryville Coaches and Players .... WOW !! I swear being a Maryville fan you can't help but think you've been in a fantasy dream these last 16 years or so . Just when you think you've seen it all , Maryville comes up with another Miracle again and again . These Coaches and Players apparently NEVER ... and I mean NEVER think they are Beat . There were so many heroes in this game Like TD Blackmon , Richie Koons , Dylan Jackson .... but the entire Team not losing their belief was the Real Hero last night . What a Privilege it is to be a Maryville fan and to be able to watch these Coaches and Kids continue to work miracle after Miracle . Any Maryville fan who was watching last night and thought the Game was over when it was 28-7 just hasn't been paying attention , I will always believe in this team until the last second ticks off . 

Front runner Dave ... it was hilarious watching you go from saying Maryville looks bad , Maryville can't stop anything to WE this WE that when Maryville came back . "We" had no problem accepting congratulations after the game was over , but "WE" was no where to be found when "WE" were down .  Please do us all a big favor and stick with your other Dozen teams you pull for ( when they're winning ) 

This guy has been on every freaking thread rooting for the favorite, I was wondering which school he went to/supported and have guessed they were not the same, talk about a pesky fly that wont go away.....lol

Some thoughts: 1) RHS lined up #2 in positions he had not regularly lined up in to get him in spaces and match-ups that favored RHS

2) RHS exploited MHS's weaker spot (secondary)

3) #2 was muh better than he showed the last two games in the playoffs. He was lights out until he got stroked a couple of times. He lost a step and heard footsteps later in the game.

4) RHS O coordinator had the best plan (more than just handing off to a stud RB) MHS has seen

5) The belief in winning never vacated our sidelne. This is a direct reflection of our coaches.

6) MHS definitely made more mistakes than RHS, but overcame them and executed when we had to.

7) Both schools demonstrate the best of high school athletics - class, academics, execution, and perseverence.

8) Awesome game to be a part of and will never forget that moment

I enjoy your post as well. Just my two cents worth. The last two weeks have produced some fantastic games. I only watched half the d2 game but watched the entire 3a---- 4a--- 5 a and 6 a games ... Great matchups this year

Thanks for your input. I respect your posts. I can't disagree with anything you said except the mindset of your team plays a role that cannot be measured statistically. I never debated probability of the conversion. This is, however, not NFL or college football and obviously many coaches do go for two including BA with their hippo package or any other team that uses the same package. Mark Dodson converted for Whitehaven against Maryville in 2012. I don't condemn Coach Hester for making the call. They did what got them there. Many others would be tempted to go for the win and statistically speaking its a 50/50 shot. Good luck with your boys in basketball and God Bless.

Sum moore thawts....

* Hit looked like Ravenwould haid lined up two kick tha extree point and didn't haiv enuff men on tha feeled and cawled a TO and then'st deecided two go fer too

* Along tham lines, eye'm glaid Ravenwould wuz given tha chaice two run thair 2 pt play

* RR iz rite eye saw #2 for RW turnin' upp befour tha bawl wuz snapped sevrull times

Hats oft two both teems.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS