Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

Couldn't have said it better RR.  I thought TD (living legend!) and Richie (wounded warrior!) stood out the most, as well as Joel "feed the dawg / Crazy Legs" Hopkins!  I love watching him fight for extra yards, he just has to hold on to that ball a little tighter when he does so.  I thought we were pretty effective on offense when we had Tyler, Dylan and Joel in the backfield pounding the rock.  Ravenwood should keep their heads held high, they played outstanding and were a class act.  Same for their fans, loud and proud!  Congrats to the Rebels, this was one for the ages! 

Don't forget the great catch and run by Kelby Brock. MVP without question in my heart is Koons. 

As stated by my username I am a Ravenwood fan and first let me say good game to both teams. They did a great job and it was a very exciting game to watch. Ravenwood has a huge support system, hence the crowd and student section. The students have been very involved throughout the year in the games and have the best student section in wilco. Going to state was huge for us considering just a 3 years ago we couldn't win our homecoming. Therefore, as we have gotten better the students appreciate it more and show up in support. Not going to lie it stung for us when we lost, but great game and hope to see you guys sometime in the future!

Classy group. MY only negative is your band playing while Maryville had the ball while at the band end of the field.  In all the years of watching college and high school football, I have never seen or heard a band in full session while play was going on the field. You have great group of people at Ravenwood. Good luck in the future. 

I've seen the Chief at two Red Rebels games this season, but I never did see Butch. Coach Stripling was at the West game.

Clemson (Coach Brooks) Vandy, and Stanford reps were there as well as Dale Jones from Appalachian State.  There as well were several coaches from MTSU, Memphis  and UT-Martin.  There was a UT rep there. 

I said he was the MVP Saturday and it stands today. But you know as well as I do, not many people watch much less understand what an interior d lineman goes through during a game. Koons being hurt all week and then playing hurt is the spirit the makes Rebels Rebels. I have said this for years, and Koons exemplifies the statement--Rebels don't play like champions. Champions play like Rebels!!

Edited by rebels

Classy group. MY only negative is your band playing while Maryville had the ball while at the band end of the field.  In all the years of watching college and high school football, I have never seen or heard a band in full session while play was going on the field. You have great group of people at Ravenwood. Good luck in the future. 

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that either but you are seeing it more and more.  I guess bands are doing it after seeing others do to their team.  Being a larger stadium you don't notice it as much because I didn't hear Ravenwood's band but Maryville band did it as well, being across from them I could hear them.  Maryville probably doesn't hear much because they are in control of most games early and often.  In Memphis Whitehaven's band was rockin' until we took control of the game and you didn't hear a note.

Don't forget about Whitehaven's band getting up every time we had the ball playing that ole garbage just trying to see how loud they could be. I wished the TSSAA would pass a rule against nonsense like that. Get em for fifteen yards every time they did it and that would stop that crap.

IMO-not too far off. I didn't see fulton so I'm a little surprised with them. Oakland and Ravenwood are the 2 best teams murvil played this year. One had a great defense and the other a great offense. I think West was only slightly behind those two. West is more balanced on both sides of the ball. I thought webb was very good when murvil played them, and I guess they were.

Don't forget about Whitehaven's band getting up every time we had the ball playing that ole garbage just trying to see how loud they could be. I wished the TSSAA would pass a rule against nonsense like that. Get em for fifteen yards every time they did it and that would stop that crap.

This is a rule in the state of Georgia... Kinda works like the sideline penalty. A warning and then the penalty follows

I said he was the MVP Saturday and it stands today. But you know as well as I do, not many people watch much less understand what an interior d lineman goes through during a game. Koons being hurt all week and then playing hurt is the spirit the makes Rebels Rebels. I have said this for years, and Koons exemplifies the statement--Rebels don't play like champions. Champions play like Rebels!!

rebels....goodur point abowt Richie......And sevrull othurs were playin' banged up.....#1 and #28 thait eye know ov..... :popcorneater: