marion Co football 2015

Look for Lamb to coach 1 or 2 more years.... Don't know him personally but people close to program... I do know all the players loved Ross and thought highly of him.

Was just wondering. I know he has been at Calhoun for a while and he was at our title game and didn't look very old to me. I think everyone thinks highly of him other than a few pirate fans, most know what he truly represents. Most of us know that Calhoun would be a job that would definitely pull him away but it is what it is, you know?

Look for Lamb to coach 1 or 2 more years.... Don't know him personally but people close to program... I do know all the players loved Ross and thought highly of him.

Calhoun would definitely be a hard one to turn down for Coach Ross and I wouldn't blame him if it ever becomes available. Calhoun is doing pretty well right now and if a few years go by before Lamb retires it's not entirely out of the question to promote within. Their defense looked pretty good against Washington Co last week.

Edited by PurplePower68

Calhoun would definitely be a hard one to turn down for Coach Ross and I wouldn't blame him if it ever becomes available. Calhoun is doing pretty well right now and if a few years go by before Lamb retires it's not entirely out of the question to promote within. Their defense looked pretty good against Washington Co last week.

I looked on that Lamb mans website and they dont have a durn defence coordinator. Did that Lamb man not even replace that Ross man? That Ross man did say in that Hargis mans paper that he was a bridesmaid every year except one at that lamb mans school. Some things still aint changed. I aint joking either.

• 4 weeks later...

I seen where coach Ross name continues to be mentioned on the GA Vent for the Ridgeland job. Interviews were done yesterday and today. Is he still a candidate? Any news?

No way, recon he is real happy knowing he will be watching from the stands for a HEEP of a long time watching other teams play for Gold Balls by staying in Jasper. LOPAO Edited by OLD PIRATE

I seen where coach Ross name continues to be mentioned on the GA Vent for the Ridgeland job. Interviews were done yesterday and today. Is he still a candidate? Any news?

He says he isn't interested in the position. Would double his salary or more so if he isn't then it is good news for Marion fans. He can probably hold out for a job that he wants. Maybe the job came open at the wrong time, after only being at Marion for one year it would be tough to leave. I know he and his family are extremely happy here and if mama isn't happy then no one is happy. Plus, with Vic coming back and after turning the lights out on him last year, I am guessing he will enjoy getting to beat on victor a while. He did say he was very happy he was back on the sidelines.

He says he isn't interested in the position. Would double his salary or more so if he isn't then it is good news for Marion fans. He can probably hold out for a job that he wants. Maybe the job came open at the wrong time, after only being at Marion for one year it would be tough to leave. I know he and his family are extremely happy here and if mama isn't happy then no one is happy. Plus, with Vic coming back and after turning the lights out on him last year, I am guessing he will enjoy getting to beat on victor a while. He did say he was very happy he was back on the sidelines.

I side with you a lot, but this crazy stuff of saying Coach Grider turned the lights out is funny. Come on... You know better than that. He's at a good time for Marion football when he has a lot of good players. BTW, if Ridgeland had offered that 6 figure payday he would have went, but they didn't offer anything so he is happy at Marion.

He would have left if offered...it is call the money factor

Coach Ross is no different than any other coach. If the money is right and it's a good situation a coach will do what's best for him and his family. If you don't believe that just look at Cleveland's new coach. Not sure if money was ever discussed with Coach Ross but I do know that Ridgeland called. If they hire outside the program my money is on Bill Price getting it.