Who has the toughest district in class A

gwh

It isn't my opinion it was the weakest team, I believe the 22-16 record proves that. That Gleason team was awesome. I remember that beating like it was yesterday. I was just pointing a few things out. I have myself never played the point guard card, because Union City had their best player out the year before. Injury's happen it's part of the game. If Middleton wins it all, I will be the first one to say I am wrong. Jackson Co sure has a long road ahead, as the 3ot loss to Pickett Co really puts them in a tough spot. Good luck to west tn and we feel strong about our teams just like you have about your teams. Just move on and watch the great games and enjoy.

I respect your opinions bob...been on here a long time, and you're always courteous and insightful. My remarks were not intended to offend anyone, nor diminish the accomplishments of any team or the district that they represent. It just rubs me the wrong way when some brash few fans dismiss the opinions (mine included) of some knowledgable posters if they don't agree with them. GC pioneer, westtnsportsfan, and others know their hoops, and have seen excellent basketball played before...if they have an opinion different to mine, I give their perspective some serious consideration,

When some uncouth yahoo  basically dismisses everyone with a different viewpoint as ignorant, sometimes I respond when I shouldn't even bother. Sorry if I offended any of the proud programs being discussed, or their fans...just remember that we have some pride west of the river too.

I respect your opinions bob...been on here a long time, and you're always courteous and insightful. My remarks were not intended to offend anyone, nor diminish the accomplishments of any team or the district that they represent. It just rubs me the wrong way when some brash few fans dismiss the opinions (mine included) of some knowledgable posters if they don't agree with them. GC pioneer, westtnsportsfan, and others know their hoops, and have seen excellent basketball played before...if they have an opinion different to mine, I give their perspective some serious consideration,

When some uncouth yahoo  basically dismisses everyone with a different viewpoint as ignorant, sometimes I respond when I shouldn't even bother. Sorry if I offended any of the proud programs being discussed, or their fans...just remember that we have some pride west of the river too.

I haven't been writing much lately but I respect you older posters that have been on here for years.  (Bob, tradertwo, 7awatcher, Gibson county guys, etc) Every year someone new pops up and thinks he knows everything. Ucsportsfan is one of those that has gotten under my skin all season, he treats everyone like they are an idiot.  He's a new kid on the block that needs to be listening instead of talking. 

Ucguy You got to give respect to get respect.

Ok, I just figured it out, Ucguy is the old devilfanatic. Now it makes perfect sense no one could stand devil so he changed his name.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

I sometimes comment when I should just keep my mouth shut also.  I made a comment to GC pioneer this year about posting about Middleton too much, and I should not have.  If he feels that strongly about them they must be good.  Especially when his team is in contention with them.  

I personally know Ucsportsfan, and he knows basketball.  He knows the game just about as much as anyone I know.  He coached my brothers in AAU, and is a good family friend.  Does her rub people on here the wrong way...oh yeah.  He has done it since the early days of coacht.  I promise you, a lot of the time, he is right.  He makes things on here interesting for sure.  Good luck to all the teams the rest of the way.

Gentlemen let me assure everyone that i am not trying to dismiss or put down any of you on here.  Sometimes I can come off as brash and if i have rubbed some of you the wrong way i apologize.  I believe the last 10+ years the girls from the Upper Cumberland have dominated the landscape of Class A basketball and at times i might have been a little over zealous in my opinions on their competition but i have been proven correct on most every occasion.  Last year when UC won i congratulated them and they were definitely the best team in Class A basketball.  However some of you are the exact same way when it comes to West Tn basketball especially this year with Middleton.  I know a good team when i see one and to me this years Jackson County team is the weakest team they've had since the year they got the brakes beat off of them by Gleason.  They have a chance to make it to the buro' this year but its a slim one.  All the elite teams in Class A are good, Houston Co. is good and i have no doubt Middleton is a very good team as well and it will be a very exciting tournament as it usually is. Lets be honest here guys, over the past 10 years how many teams has the west sent to the buro' with records of 33-0 32-1 33-1 etc.. only to get the brakes beat off of them year after year and usually by a team out of 7A?  I say the same things about the teams up here as you guys do about the west tn teams, so whats the big deal?  When GC and Obion Co. had those two or three years where they dominated i gave them credit they were very good teams.  I call it like i see it and i give programs credit and respect when it is earned on the floor in the glass house.  Now having said that, all the young men and ladies that play the game are winners in my book.  They sacrifice for something other than themselves and learn team work and sportsmanship which, in my opinion, makes them better citizens in the long run and will help them in their day to day lives when they join the working force.

So in closing i would just like to say, don't get too excited because i pick my team or my area over yours and i promise not to let it bother me that you pick yours over ours year after year.  

I don't take this too seriously, there are so many more things in this world that we need to be serious about but CoachT is not one of them guys.  I love everyone of you and wish you nothing but the best and i mean that.

Jon Godwin

Edited by UCSportsFan

We should all just take a minute and chill out.  Differing opinions is what makes coach T great.  If we all thought the same way, coachT would stink!  The Upper Cumberland teams are good and Middleton is good as well.  The gold ball will be determined by hard work, favorable matchups (both with teams and players) and a little bit of luck.  The next three weeks are going to be awesome.  Let's all just sit back and enjoy the ride because it will be over before you know it.

• Upvote 1

We should all just take a minute and chill out.  Differing opinions is what makes coach T great.  If we all thought the same way, coachT would stink!  The Upper Cumberland teams are good and Middleton is good as well.  The gold ball will be determined by hard work, favorable matchups (both with teams and players) and a little bit of luck.  The next three weeks are going to be awesome.  Let's all just sit back and enjoy the ride because it will be over before you know it.

+1

Glad everyone has dropped their alter ego's and let their true personalities post. Nothing but humility and class...and I appreciate it. Guess that I took some offense where none was intended, so it's on me to clarify...I gave my opinion that UC was the favorite last season, and (before their post was injured) that Middleton was this year. Before those two predictions, I don't think that I had ever predicted a West Tn. winner...even when "my" Scotts Hill team came in undefeated a 'couple of years back. I didn't appreciate the "you west guys always say..." comment, yet there are some "west guys" who do make bold predictions each year, so I shouldn't have included myself with that group. Not trying to make an excuse, or say that I was not wrong...I was.

3A or 4A Dont really matter but the games i have seen this year these 2 districts are by far the toughest. With 3A being the strongest. IMO of course. These 2 have some of the best guard play if not the best i have seen this year. Very strong. Im sure there are good teams everywhere that i havent seen but the top TEAMS out of these districts will be very competitive in the BORO.

Glad everyone has dropped their alter ego's and let their true personalities post. Nothing but humility and class...and I appreciate it. Guess that I took some offense where none was intended, so it's on me to clarify...I gave my opinion that UC was the favorite last season, and (before their post was injured) that Middleton was this year. Before those two predictions, I don't think that I had ever predicted a West Tn. winner...even when "my" Scotts Hill team came in undefeated a 'couple of years back. I didn't appreciate the "you west guys always say..." comment, yet there are some "west guys" who do make bold predictions each year, so I shouldn't have included myself with that group. Not trying to make an excuse, or say that I was not wrong...I was.

Now, let's not get so cuddly here that we take all the entertainment out of these message boards. LOL

Gibson County has got a good team this year and could possibly make a run, but starting next year they will be tough for 4 years and deep. We have beat a lot of good teams this year but we are not deep at all. That is the reason I think if we make it to the Boro we could run into problems. Our district is a good one but not the toughest IMO.

Gibson County has got a good team this year and could possibly make a run, but starting next year they will be tough for 4 years and deep. We have beat a lot of good teams this year but we are not deep at all. That is the reason I think if we make it to the Boro we could run into problems. Our district is a good one but not the toughest IMO.

Agree on all points here.  Your major difference maker is Fields.  Hopefully, you have another one of her coming up somewhere because her athleticism makes everyone on your team even better than they already are.  I have yet to see anyone that can contain her when she makes up her mind to go.  And all of your players are straight up good shooters.  She gets everyone, including her self, open looks.  When she graduates, she is going to be a huge loss for the Pioneers.  

Agree on all points here. Your major difference maker is Fields. Hopefully, you have another one of her coming up somewhere because her athleticism makes everyone on your team even better than they already are. I have yet to see anyone that can contain her when she makes up her mind to go. And all of your players are straight up good shooters. She gets everyone, including her self, open looks. When she graduates, she is going to be a huge loss for the Pioneers.

Everyone knows their role well. You are absolutely correct. Fields is the difference maker. Lannom is going to be consistently in the 15-20pt range and play good defense. White is going go to get 10-12 and is a great passer from the post. Roach has stepped up lately in rebounding and scoring. Smithson is going go get 6-10 pts a night and play harder than anyone else of the floor for loose balls and rebounds. When fields shows up this team can beat anyone. She can get 20 pts a night when she wants too. And her defense creates turnovers. Ready to see how it will play out!