Who has the toughest district in class A

gwh

Just curious. Did you see Middleton play with Faulkner? They were not going to be beat. You act like this is impossible. GC did it the first of the back to back titles in AA a few years back. Absolutely dominated the tourney.

did you see the four years in a row that Jackson County won the state champiomship? absolutely dominated the competition including Gibson County?

Edited by UCSportsFan

did you see the four years in a row that Jackson County won the state champiomship? absolutely dominated the competition including Gibson County?

I never said it couldn't be done lol. You said it was laughable that a poor west tn team could do it. Especially with the mighty middle tn ball. I have a example of one. Middleton would have had Faulkner not get hurt. Obviously Jackson co clarkrange livingston academy have all had their dominant runs. Never argued that.

I saw it! That was a dynasty! I also have seen Faulkner play with Middleton and she is one of the most athletic kids you will ever see play. Seemed to get better every game. And with a Miss Basketball finalist running the point, I believe they were a lock for a gold ball. Still may get one. Just won't be as easy.

I still think 9A is the toughest district in single A. Teams have to grind it out every night regardless of what seed they are playing. 7A just doesn't have the parity that 9A does.

9a is a really tough district, but 7a is no doubt the toughest. 7a has like 22 state titles and 10 runner ups from 4 teams. The bottom isn't always that strong, but the top teams are always among the best every year.

I saw it! That was a dynasty! I also have seen Faulkner play with Middleton and she is one of the most athletic kids you will ever see play. Seemed to get better every game. And with a Miss Basketball finalist running the point, I believe they were a lock for a gold ball. Still may get one. Just won't be as easy.

Have to agree...if Faulkner isn't injured she's the hands down favorite for Miss Basketball, and Middleton is almost a lock to take the gold ball home...how much they reminded me of the Tonya Tuggles led Bradford team of the nineties was scary. Joy is a great player in her own right, but Faulkner was clearly the focus when they were both on the floor. I think that Middleton still has a decent shot as they are, but it would've been interesting to see if anyone in 1A could have been close enough to scare them late.

Have to agree...if Faulkner isn't injured she's the hands down favorite for Miss Basketball, and Middleton is almost a lock to take the gold ball home...how much they reminded me of the Tonya Tuggles led Bradford team of the nineties was scary. Joy is a great player in her own right, but Faulkner was clearly the focus when they were both on the floor. I think that Middleton still has a decent shot as they are, but it would've been interesting to see if anyone in 1A could have been close enough to scare them late.

I doubt that Middleton could have beaten Clarkrange even with Faulkner and i know you people from West Tn are going to disagree you always do.  UC beat a Jackson County team without their point guard last year by 6 and had to do that late in the game but before that District 7A has dominated west tn and this year would have been no different.  Middleton plays a very very weak schedule so any half way decent team is going to look good.  No way Middleton can match Clarkrange's size, and C'range is so well coached he would have taken Faulkner out of the game and someone else would have had to beat them and that's just not going to happen this year.  I hope Middleton makes it to the tournament and i hope they play a team out of 7A then you'll be able to see what i have said is the truth.  Only one time in the last decade has a team out of west tn beat a team from 7A for a state championship.  On the flip side 7A has won 6 state championships and several silver balls, along with having an all 7A finals atleast twice during that same period.  Come on guys get real!!!

I doubt that Middleton could have beaten Clarkrange even with Faulkner and i know you people from West Tn are going to disagree you always do.  UC beat a Jackson County team without their point guard last year by 6 and had to do that late in the game but before that District 7A has dominated west tn and this year would have been no different.  Middleton plays a very very weak schedule so any half way decent team is going to look good.  No way Middleton can match Clarkrange's size, and C'range is so well coached he would have taken Faulkner out of the game and someone else would have had to beat them and that's just not going to happen this year.  I hope Middleton makes it to the tournament and i hope they play a team out of 7A then you'll be able to see what i have said is the truth.  Only one time in the last decade has a team out of west tn beat a team from 7A for a state championship.  On the flip side 7A has won 6 state championships and several silver balls, along with having an all 7A finals atleast twice during that same period.  Come on guys get real!!!

Bet I've been closely watching 1A girls ball (at the highest level) since before you were in grade school...7A has had some incredibly dominant teams, and usually have more than one team that's a threat to win it all...I get it. This season was Middleton's year to coast through everyone with possibly the exception of C'range...it's just as easy for me to say that with Faulkner, they would have blown C'range out of the gym as it is for you to say that the Buff's would have beaten them...but I'm not. I think that Middleton takes home the gold with her playing...without her they have decent chance...and that's all that I'm saying. 

7A has represented it's self very well this season, but the past is gone. Only two teams advance from the west, and also in the past, have done very well. Bradford and Gleason together owned single A ball for well over a decade, and (Gleason) handed Jackson County one of the worst beatings in memory in the championship game.I remember Bill Haney (if you don't know who he is, look him up) stating that Bradford was hands down the best team in Murfreesboro one season, regardless of classification. Trenton Peabody also had done well there, so your memory seems a little selective to me.

This season (relevant to this thread), I'm going to agree with you that 7A is the "toughest district"...only because of two championship calibre teams, top to bottom they're probably second, and just because 15A is way down other than Middleton. Scotts Hill, Madison, Jackson Christian,and Trinity Christian are all considerably weaker than usual...Riverside has an outside shot to get there, but Gibson Co. or Dresden will probably end their season.

OK, I've agree'd with you about the district...the reason that it seems that "we" don't agree with you, is that you don't respect the opinion of others if it doesn't align with yours, or consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Better watch for Houston Co...another "weak schedule" team that has their sights on 7A's finest...by the way...Jackson Co. beat anyone that's a contender this year?

Edited by tradertwo

Bet I've been closely watching 1A girls ball (at the highest level) since before you were in grade school...7A has had some incredibly dominant teams, and usually have more than one team that's a threat to win it all...I get it. This season was Middleton's year to coast through everyone with possibly the exception of C'range...it's just as easy for me to say that with Faulkner, they would have blown C'range out of the gym as it is for you to say that the Buff's would have beaten them...but I'm not. I think that Middleton takes home the gold with her playing...without her they have decent chance...and that's all that I'm saying. 

7A has represented it's self very well this season, but the past is gone. Only two teams advance from the west, and also in the past, have done very well. Bradford and Gleason together owned single A ball for well over a decade, and (Gleason) handed Jackson County one of the worst beatings in memory in the championship game.I remember Bill Haney (if you don't know who he is, look him up) stating that Bradford was hands down the best team in Murfreesboro one season, regardless of classification. Trenton Peabody also had done well there, so your memory seems a little selective to me.

This season (relevant to this thread), I'm going to agree with you that 7A is the "toughest district"...only because of two championship calibre teams, top to bottom they're probably second, and just because 15A is way down other than Middleton. Scotts Hill, Madison, Jackson Christian,and Trinity Christian are all considerably weaker than usual...Riverside has an outside shot to get there, but Gibson Co. or Dresden will probably end their season.

OK, I've agree'd with you about the district...the reason that it seems that "we" don't agree with you, is that you don't respect the opinion of others if it doesn't align with yours, or consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Better watch for Houston Co...another "weak schedule" team that has their sights on 7A's finest...by the way...Jackson Co. beat anyone that's a contender this year?

Trader,

You flat outnailed it! Well said. I remember the Gleason, Peabody and Bradford days. 7A is probably the toughest district this year but i would not give the gold ball to Clarkrange just yet nor would i count west tennessee teams out just yet.

Jackson Co has never played Gleason in the championship,,,the year you are speaking of they beat them in the semi finals and it was JC's weakest team since moving to Class A and they still made it to the final 4 with a record of 22-16 that year,  I would really hope a undefeated team would beat a team with 15 losses.

Also Jackson Co has beat Van Buren Co twice by quite a bit both times, and also beat Pickett Co at PC by 11 pts also District 8A champion Watertown twice. They are not a team anyone WANTS to play.

Edited by bob77

Jackson Co has never played Gleason in the championship,,,the year you are speaking of they beat them in the semi finals and it was JC's weakest team since moving to Class A and they still made it to the final 4 with a record of 22-16 that year, I would really hope a undefeated team would beat a team with 15 losses.

Also Jackson Co has beat Van Buren Co twice by quite a bit both times, and also beat Pickett Co at PC by 11 pts also District 8A champion Watertown twice. They are not a team anyone WANTS to play.

That's the issue I have... When someone from the west beats you, it's your weakest team ever. Union City beats you last year and the excuse was no point guard. Middleton would run through state this year if they had Deja, but since you guys take them as a west TN team, there's no way they could do that. You guys post really aren't worth replying to anymore and this is the last time I will reply about this subject. It's Jackson Co. or nothing..... Edited by GCPioneer