Memphis basketball and why they win

UCSportsFan

How many times is T$$AA going to allow kids in the Memphis area that are in their 20's to play high school basketball?  All we hear about is how good Memphis basketball is and granted there are some great players there but how many of them are too old?  50%? 40%?  Its not hard to beat 17 year olds with 20 something's.  How many are transferring illegally?  80%? 70% higher/lower?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This incident labels all Memphis teams. You crack me up. Please show me all this illegeal transfering.

I have to support Galilee on this.  I am a Middle, TN native and hate Memphis basketball with a passion, this one incident does not reflect all the good coaches and administrators throughout West TN.  All the facts have not come out at this point, no need to jump to quick conclusions.

How many times is T$$AA going to allow kids in the Memphis area that are in their 20's to play high school basketball?  All we hear about is how good Memphis basketball is and granted there are some great players there but how many of them are too old?  50%? 40%?  Its not hard to beat 17 year olds with 20 something's.  How many are transferring illegally?  80%? 70% higher/lower?

I was wondering how long it would be before you put in your senseless 2 cent opinion. According to you, Everyone outside of the Upper Cumberland cheats and recruits and lies and sells blood at the plasma center instead of donating it to LifeBlood.

I guess your continuous spewing out percentages and numbers makes you fell better. Do you just sit on the couch and make up numbers? regardless of how you feel towards TSSAA and how they handle / approve transfers, they do approve of the transfers. And in the last few years they have denied two very high profile players request for transfer, Jarnell Stokes and Skal LabIssiere.

How many times is T$$AA going to allow kids in the Memphis area that are in their 20's to play high school basketball? All we hear about is how good Memphis basketball is and granted there are some great players there but how many of them are too old? 50%? 40%? Its not hard to beat 17 year olds with 20 something's. How many are transferring illegally? 80%? 70% higher/lower?

Do you have any proof of this if u do please let me know I'll be waiting

Memphis kids are really, really fast and really, really athletic. Per capita Memphis and West Tennessee produce some of the finest athletes in the world. It's astounding really.

Plus, they play all the time. Literally, all the time. Same goes for all of West Tennessee actually.

A few years back I was driving through Bolivar early one morning. It was a snow day and school was cancelled. Yet in half the driveways you would see boys out there shooting hoops in the snow. Saw the same type thing in North Memphis when I lived there too. 

Combine that with natural athleticism and you're going to produce some ball players over the years.

Memphis kids are really, really fast and really, really athletic. Per capita Memphis and West Tennessee produce some of the finest athletes in the world. It's astounding really.

Plus, they play all the time. Literally, all the time. Same goes for all of West Tennessee actually.

A few years back I was driving through Bolivar early one morning. It was a snow day and school was cancelled. Yet in half the driveways you would see boys out there shooting hoops in the snow. Saw the same type thing in North Memphis when I lived there too. 

Combine that with natural athleticism and you're going to produce some ball players over the years.

And with Memphis having more gangs than any city in the US, the more kids who play high school sports,the better. They can actually learn life lessons and good values. 

With "open enrollment" it does make it a little more difficult but for you to say it doesn't exist year in and year out is like Brady and Bellicheck saying they had no idea the balls were deflated.... :popcorneater:

open enrollment has nothi g to do with it!!! schools still have to use TSSAA rules! if not proper change of address the kid can't play no matter the open enrollment