Memphis basketball and why they win

UCSportsFan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Mitchell yet, but it seems apparent that there's a single A team in Memphis this year that can play with any of the AAA teams this year. Sorry for single A team's in Tennessee this year not named Mitchell.

Union City is very good. Hampton returns their best player in Valentine. Also Memphis must travel for region this year anything can happen.

Union City is very good. Hampton returns their best player in Valentine. Also Memphis must travel for region this year anything can happen.

Valentine is a ok player but cant handle the defensive pressure Mitchell and UC will put on him..Mitchell is still the number 1 team in the state in my eyes and UC is number 2..I hope these 2 teams can play each other in the finals at the glass house because I believe everyone wants to see it..But both teams will have to get their first and get a luck of the draw. .It will take more than a valiant effort to beat Mitchell and a monumental effort to beat them at home..Its fixing to get fun time in a few weeks.

"Memphis basketball and why they win". It's not complicated. They have the best talent year in year out.

they don't have the best coaching...and that is why games are so close when they get to the boro. still I love watching them when they play at state and their crowds are getting larger every year...plus they bring their pep bands and that always livens up murphy center!

It's very unfortunate that Hamilton didn't take the time to insure their players were all eligible. I have no reason to believe this was intentional. Memphis haters will be sick when Hamilton comes from the 6th or 7th seed in District 16 and still wins the gold ball.

Haha thats funny.  They didn't take the time because the kid is obviously a very good basketball player.  They just hoped no one found out, nothing that the other schools in Memphis wont or don't do.  However cheating is cheating no matter what and should be dealt with accordingly. 

Haha thats funny. They didn't take the time because the kid is obviously a very good basketball player. They just hoped no one found out, nothing that the other schools in Memphis wont or don't do. However cheating is cheating no matter what and should be dealt with accordingly.

Why do you feel the need to label all schools in Memphis with your posts?? Not just this one but many others. Yes Hamilton was busted this year and Ridgeway in the past but there are many schools in Memphis and Shelby Co whose players and coaches are working hard and doing things the right way. And you throw them under the bus with you accusations. Let me ask you this.... If a team in 7a or 8aa was caught doing the same thing should we just assume all the other teams are doing the same thing?? No because that would be wrong and degrading to the kids and coaches of those teams. If you want to speak of the facts involving the teams that broke the rules so be it. But lay off the ones that you know nothing about.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Valentine is a ok player but cant handle the defensive pressure Mitchell and UC will put on him..Mitchell is still the number 1 team in the state in my eyes and UC is number 2..I hope these 2 teams can play each other in the finals at the glass house because I believe everyone wants to see it..But both teams will have to get their first and get a luck of the draw. .It will take more than a valiant effort to beat Mitchell and a monumental effort to beat them at home..Its fixing to get fun time in a few weeks.

Valentine had 20+ against Mitchell so I'd say their defensive focus wasn't on him...they focused on stopping our senior and sophomore guards and did a dang good job!

With that said, we don't have a "best player" IMO Galilee.

When we play as a unit, we can hang with anyone...when we step out to be the show and forget our function(s) we struggle greatly.

We are starting to peak and have the pieces in the right places, and we have alot of work to get to the 'boro...but beating a UC or MM team is a huge climb.