GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

Not necessarily because GB had a receiver that had more yards and receptions and overall all purpose yards than Lowe and he also had double digit INTs and more TDs and this was with an all state RB on the team who got his fair share of touches. GB shares the wealth offensively which makes it harder for the QB and backs to rack up numbers because of the balance. Our QB had over 3,000 all purpose yards and almost 30 TDs entire season and that wasn't enough. Not to mention 3 INTs returned for 2 TDs in very limited Defensive play and none of his yards were on special teams because they don't play QB on kick returns due to potential injury. Also punts and averages mid 40s doing so. We just didn't punt very often. My understanding is you make all state for a position. It is either offense or defense. I am not sure if they take in to consideration your overall stats or not on both sides of the ball. There is also what I gather as a catch all position on O and D they refer to as Athlete which is where I thought our QB may have got the nod behind Dresser Winn and Preston Rice who had the 2 QB positions locked up. They were from the West and were Mr. Football back runner up and champ. I do believe their stats were comparable to our QB but they probably took into consideration the overall talent level they play against. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was asked how this is picked and I assumed it was based heavily on the raw stats of the individual. If anyone knows how this process works please share.

#8 had a wonderful year!I'm sure his family is extremely proud!!Can't wait to see the 2016 version of the Cherokees!

Not necessarily because GB had a receiver that had more yards and receptions and overall all purpose yards than Lowe and he also had double digit INTs and more TDs and this was with an all state RB on the team who got his fair share of touches. GB shares the wealth offensively which makes it harder for the QB and backs to rack up numbers because of the balance. Our QB had over 3,000 all purpose yards and almost 30 TDs entire season and that wasn't enough. Not to mention 3 INTs returned for 2 TDs in very limited Defensive play and none of his yards were on special teams because they don't play QB on kick returns due to potential injury. Also punts and averages mid 40s doing so. We just didn't punt very often. My understanding is you make all state for a position. It is either offense or defense. I am not sure if they take in to consideration your overall stats or not on both sides of the ball. There is also what I gather as a catch all position on O and D they refer to as Athlete which is where I thought our QB may have got the nod behind Dresser Winn and Preston Rice who had the 2 QB positions locked up. They were from the West and were Mr. Football back runner up and champ. I do believe their stats were comparable to our QB but they probably took into consideration the overall talent level they play against. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was asked how this is picked and I assumed it was based heavily on the raw stats of the individual. If anyone knows how this process works please share.

Incredible detail!

You're a pretty good salesman. Willis was a good QB, just not all-state caliber.  

It seems like most of what the Greenback parents (I mean fans) want is individual recognition. Am I the only one seeing that on these message boards?

Just one bunch, the others are true Kee's. But its only normal for kids and their families to want to see recognition. The #'s they give was after the all state teams were picked. I'd just say ,hats off to the kids for a great season. I'm sure they earned every yard. Good players are usually good for a reason. Takes a lot of work and dedication. For whatever reason,you just don't seem to like Greenback when in reality they are just like any other bunch of kids. I've seen um play bunches of times over the years and they were always respectful,win or lose.

Just one bunch, the others are true Kee's. But its only normal for kids and their families to want to see recognition. The #'s they give was after the all state teams were picked. I'd just say ,hats off to the kids for a great season. I'm sure they earned every yard. Good players are usually good for a reason. Takes a lot of work and dedication. For whatever reason,you just don't seem to like Greenback when in reality they are just like any other bunch of kids. I've seen um play bunches of times over the years and they were always respectful,win or lose.

He thinks if he rags on my Kees' I will talk to him.He is beneath me.LOL.He is beyond a pot stirrer he is the spoon licker!😆

As always pujo you are as good a poster as there ever was on here!You know you have earned this old boys respect!!!As have a few others.Lookin forward to spring.

Edited by orngnblk

He thinks if he rags on my Kees' I will talk to him.He is beneath me.LOL.He is beyond a pot stirrer he is the spoon licker!

As always pujo you are as good a poster as there ever was on here!You know you have earned this old boys respect!!!As have a few others.Lookin forward to spring.

Been at this about as long as anyone on here and I've only ran into a couple of school's that i disliked. I've also  learned to respect a few school's more than the others, The one's I really like are the small hard working school's that do things the right way. Greenback has always had my respect along with a few others. The only way you win at schools like this is Good leadership and hard work. Guess i just like seeing people get what they deserve. Its always an uphill battle because you always run into more talented teams along the way. But being the best you can be is what its really all about.