who will be William blount next head coach?

He is a total cancer that has run off several helpers down there the last couple of years and he just can't stand the fact that these kids are getting results from someone other than him and he keeps spouting off to the kids about it, he will get over it....hopefully the new coach will make him the equipment manager, if he is very smart.

You are correct jake.Hard work is the only thing that will turn that program around and any "coach" that hinders that should be ran off!Good luck to your son and the govs sounds like you all may get a quality coach soon.

Hope you do, and I hope you get to experience what our boys have for the last 6 years. If I had the ability to pack up my family and follow him, I'd do it no matter where he went. God, family, football, that's what he teaches and he not only talks the talk but he walks the walk, as do his wife and three daughters. Great great family, all the way around!

I seriously doubt he goes to WB. The demographics are not in his favor and as long as George is in Maryville he will never have a chance.

I seriously doubt he goes to WB. The demographics are not in his favor

Why do you say that? WB is the biggest school in Blount Co by a few hundred students and has good players. He could win here. He may not beat maryville but he could definitely beat everyone else with this team.

Why do you say that? WB is the biggest school in Blount Co by a few hundred students and has good players. He could win here. He may not beat maryville but he could definitely beat everyone else with this team.

Those few extra hundred students and good athletes can't compare with the caliber of athletes Shadowens is use to coaching in Murfreesboro.

Those few extra hundred students and good athletes can't compare with the caliber of athletes Shadowens is use to coaching in Murfreesboro.

Well...

I can tell you one thing... When I watched Blackman play Maryville they were giving them all they could handle by being one dimensional. If they had a passing game they probably would have won. If Shadowens comes to WB he'll have a passing game. There's no question that Blackman has had high caliber athletes like Jennings but WB has had it's share of really good players too, maybe not D1 good, but really good players all the same. Good coaching, hardwork,and discipline can do wonders for a team.

Edited by Governors91

Well...

I can tell you one thing... When I watched Blackman play Maryville they were giving them all they could handle by being one dimensional. If they had a passing game they probably would have won. If Shadowens comes to WB he'll have a passing game. There's no question that Blackman has had high caliber athletes like Jennings but WB has had it's share of really good players too, maybe not D1 good, but really good players all the same. Good coaching, hardwork,and discipline can do wonders for a team.

Blackman lost that game against Maryville because they tried to prove they could be balanced and it burned them, throwing 3 interceptions. Had they lined up and ran it on Maryville like they did with Oakland, they would have won state. Jennings threw for over 3,000 yards in his 2 year career so Shadowens has no qualms with slinging it when he has the personnel.

Well...

The talent at WB just isn't up to par to what he is accustomed to having. The talent he's used to having is on another level.

I think what he means is WB is not as "diverse" as Blackman

Fellers and rw87 lett me give ewe'uns sumthin two chew on....If'un Will-Yum Blunt wuz two harr Coach Shadowens, evur hi skool inn Blunt Cowntee wood haiv a hi skool footbawl corch wif a gold ball orr 11...

Putt thait inn yore smoke and pipe hitt.....Thait wood bee purty danged emprassive...imo..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS