who will be William blount next head coach?

Someone mentioned earlier they thought he would be here so long and this being his forth stop I would have to tend to agree. It's like getting married to someone that you know will eventually cheat on you because they have been married already three times and one only lasted one year and the last didn't end so well either, read your papers my friends. It's also that they looked so good that you think you are the special one and they wouldn't do that to you but in all reality when something better comes along they will leave and then where will you be. I can tell you exactly where. Feeling of your nose that you cut off to spite your face by not hiring Scott Meadows back.  I know him personally and some of the moving that he made had to deal with personal tragedies that few are aware of. The move to Catholic was only human. There isn't a person on this dad blame site that wouldn't go to the same very job somewhere else if they offered to double your pay. What person in their right mind wouldn't, Your in a job that requires you to win or your out so some people need to look at it from that angle. Ridge went 5-15 after a great stay at Greenback and within two years the wolves came howling so he stepped aside before getting eaten up. I personally think Meadows would stay the distance this time simply because his wife is from here. I think I know who I would hire and who would leave in two years. 2lj5me1.jpg

Exactly. Good post

Let's not forget that it's all about the fit.  Names sometimes don't turn programs around.  It's the tie to the community, the dedication to the program, and collaboration with school staff.

Amen...IF Shadowens is the Coach( I have good reason to believe he will be) You can bet he will be very involved in the community, as will his team. He expects his players to support the community that supports them.  If your school doesn't mid prayer at practice, Wednesday night devotional with the team and a positive attitude on and off the field and a great off season regimen , you will be set. I have heard him say his job as a coach is to give parents back better men than they gave him as players. He wants to win no doubt, but he believes winning at life is more important than winning at x's and o's and one generally feeds the other. 

Amen...IF Shadowens is the Coach( I have good reason to believe he will be) You can bet he will be very involved in the community, as will his team. He expects his players to support the community that supports them.  If your school doesn't mid prayer at practice, Wednesday night devotional with the team and a positive attitude on and off the field and a great off season regimen , you will be set. I have heard him say his job as a coach is to give parents back better men than they gave him as players. He wants to win no doubt, but he believes winning at life is more important than winning at x's and o's and one generally feeds the other. 

Before I start opinionating, I want to state that I really do want wb to hire a coach who can straighten things out in LA and get them back on track toward winning seasons. There are alot of good folks on that side of town who deserve a better football situation. Then, once that happens and they are winning a few more than they are losing, there is not much further to go to reach the state quarterfinal level.

Anybody care to try to name the wb head coaches in the last 10-20 years? I'd bet at least a couple of those guys were similar to the descriptions I am hearing about the former blackman coach. Yet, none of those guys have stayed. Why?

Whether wb chooses to fill their head coaching position with a guy from rutherford county, sevier county, blount county, or the planet mars, the circumstances that have caused many of those other coaches to be unsuccessful (and ultimately leave) must be addressed. The new coach should understand why the team has stood on the visitor sideline in the past, why some coaches have been reamed while coming down the steps out of the pressbox at halftime, why some parents think they can follow coaches into the locker room complaining about the coaches decisions, why some players have routinely been allowed to miss workouts and practices without repercussions, why some kids throw helmets on the sideline, why some kids think they can backtalk coaches, why some kids walk the halls who should be playing, why some kids transfer to other schools to play football, why...why...why. Those closely associated with the program could provide many more circumstances that must be addressed - I am sure.

To "hope" any new coach can come in, be successfaul, and stay without addressing the "why's" above has been tried before. At least a couple of the past coaches have showed they could win some years, yet they chose to move on.

I do hope you guys are successful this time and you are not in the same situation when this talented soph (to be jr) class graduates. If the ship is not righted by then with a stable coaching staff in charge and in place who has laid the goundwork for some leaner years of talent, the hole to climb out of may be even bigger. GO GOVS.

Edited by strongx

Before I start opinionating, I want to state that I really do want wb to hire a coach who can straighten things out in LA and get them back on track toward winning seasons. There are alot of good folks on that side of town who deserve a better football situation. Then, once that happens and they are winning a few more than they are losing, there is not much further to go to reach the state quarterfinal level.

Anybody care to try to name the wb head coaches in the last 10-20 years? I'd bet at least a couple of those guys were similar to the descriptions I am hearing about the former blackman coach. Yet, none of those guys have stayed. Why?

Whether wb chooses to fill their head coaching position with a guy from rutherford county, sevier county, blount county, or the planet mars, the circumstances that have caused many of those other coaches to be unsuccessful (and ultimately leave) must be addressed. The new coach should understand why the team has stood on the visitor sideline in the past, why some coaches have been reamed while coming down the steps out of the pressbox at halftime, why some parents think they can follow coaches into the locker room complaining about the coaches decisions, why some players have routinely been allowed to miss workouts and practices without repercussions, why some kids throw helmets on the sideline, why some kids think they can backtalk coaches, why some kids walk the halls who should be playing, why some kids transfer to other schools to play football, why...why...why. Those closely associated with the program could provide many more circumstances that must be addressed - I am sure.

To "hope" any new coach can come in, be successfaul, and stay without addressing the "why's" above has been tried before. At least a couple of the past coaches have showed they could win some years, yet they chose to move on.

I do hope you guys are successful this time and you are not in the same situation when this talented soph (to be jr) class graduates. If the ship is not righted by then with a stable coaching staff in charge who has laid the goundwork for some leaner years of talent, the hole to climb out of may be even bigger. GO GOVS.

Goodur post sx.....If'un thair footbawl corchin' cood match Gov-Man on tham big ole speekers...Watch out....!!!!

Eye'm wif ewe tho....Eye hoap thay git hit straitened out and winn 'em all.....'cept one..... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I do hope you guys are successful this time and you are not in the same situation when this talented soph (to be jr) class graduates. If the ship is not righted by then with a stable coaching staff in charge and in place who has laid the goundwork for some leaner years of talent, the hole to climb out of may be even bigger. GO GOVS.

SX,

I'll agree that WB has been it's own worst enemy as far as keeping coaches goes. But I think that the school and fan base are tired of losing and just want to win now. If you look at the Meadows era it got off to a rocky start but I think the community really started to buy into what he was selling and supported him for the most part. I believe the community would welcome a coach like Shadowens with open arms after all we've been through. The important thing is people will need to be patient and stay behind him even during the rough times. And it will be rough right out of the gate..... We've got games against Alcoa and Dobyns Bennett in the first 3 games of the season. So things could look very bad at first but the schedule gets easier in the 2nd half of the season and I think that's when you'd start seeing the improvement. And in 2016 the Govs have a chance to be very good... People just need to be patient and trust the ole ball coach.

Edited by Governors91

Not adding fuel to the fire but has anyone heard for sure Shadowens will be the next coach because an hour ago I talked to someone that is a coach at W.B. and their words exactly was that it was between two people. Both names have been talked about on here which one that would make Gov happy and the other has no experience at all in high school football but a proven winner.

"why some parents think they can follow coaches into the locker room complaining about the coaches decisions, why some players have routinely been allowed to miss workouts and practices without repercussions, why some kids throw helmets on the sideline, why some kids think they can backtalk coaches"

If Shad is indeed the guy, I can guarantee you that those will not be issues any more. If that first one happens, please pull up a chair and some popcorn because that will be good theater. You do NOT miss workouts and/or practice if Shad is your coach. And backtalk coaches.....hehehehe - let's just say that might happen once and that would be it!

Has there been any timetable set. With Spring practice a ways off, I guess they can take their time.