Tough Tennessee High School teams of the Past

BigDave1967

They ran run & shoot offense, Watson at QB, Mack & Otis Phillips at Rb (I think), Tucker at WR/TE and wore our butts out.

And like I said earlier, they don't let me forget it!

well I heard some one once say why Watson and Mac didn't stay and play at TTU. Because they couldn't lol, Tech was a beast back then and sent several kids to the pros every year. Otis played backedup FB at TTU I think. In all seriousness, Would have been hard for Mack to compete with Larry Schriber.....and Watson didn't stay cause Tech never through the ball in those days.

1990 Knox Central Bobcats led by JR Todd Helton 13-1

Fulton W 48-14

Campbell County W 69-0

Bearden W 35-14

Clinton W 28-7

Farragut W 48-0

Oak Ridge W 49-14

Karns W 69-7

Morristown West W 50-26

Knox Halls W 35-14

Anderson County W 69-7

Sevier Co W 26-6

Morristown West W 28-6

Rhea Co W 44-19

Lincoln County L 28-14 (played at Neyland Stadium)

No offense to my alma mater and the old ball coach that currently calls the plays, but that Cleveland team (on that one night at the skeeter) was the best offensive team I have ever seen. Real speed is when you don't have to break outside the hashes on long runs. It seemed like they did it a dozen times.

+1

SS.....Whitt.....Donte Hickey.....Reggie Brown.....Leroy Thompson.....and Travis Cozart wood haiv two all bee up their inn tha ecksplosive ones eye've seed.....Buy tha way, Cozart's son iz gettin' SnB garbage servuss and iz undur tha toota-lidge of OR2 this fall eye thaink.... :popcorneater:

Not quite...but soon!

No offense to my alma mater and the old ball coach that currently calls the plays, but that Cleveland team (on that one night at the skeeter) was the best offensive team I have ever seen. Real speed is when you don't have to break outside the hashes on long runs. It seemed like they did it a dozen times.

That  the fastest and best team I ever seen a Maryville team play.

I know you were on that team. Seriously we sat there and guessed how many plays it would take Cleveland to score. A lot of times it was the 1st play.

Lots of respect from an old Cleveland guy to maryville and that program. Coach Monroe always got us pumped to play u guys. Haha and the rebel flags didn't help. That's what got is fired up at halftime in that 1993 game. Lots of memories that year.

Lots of respect from an old Cleveland guy to maryville and that program. Coach Monroe always got us pumped to play u guys. Haha and the rebel flags didn't help. That's what got is fired up at halftime in that 1993 game. Lots of memories that year.

Halftime score was 28-21 Cleveland. Maryville fans gave their team a standing ovation for only being down by 7. I remember in the 3rd quarter Cleveland ran 5 plays. All 5 plays were touchdowns. So much for playing Cleveland close. I remember seeing one of the Cleveland  OLinemen as I was leaving. Dude had a full grown beard and looked 35 yrs old.