Region 5 4A

LEON

Whats your outlook for the Jackets this fall ? I'am glad we keep old traditional rivals like Gallatin and Clarksville on the non region schedule , should be a fun season

Leon, I LOVE the idea of playing the schools with tradition.  Nothing against the Clarksville schools; but, West Creek, Kenwood, and Rossview are so new that they are still graduating first generation students.  They haven't been schools long enough to build an alumni base and they are still developing/building their traditions.  On the other hand, Springfield, Gallatin, White House, Macon County, Portland, Clarksville High and Pearl-Cohn all have deep well established traditions.  This is a tailor made district for football purists like you and I.  Now for my outlook for the Jackets.  I look for us to continue the two QB offense system with Buckner and Kane (like Lenk and Barbee last year).  Our running game should be stronger as all our backs have another year of experience under their belts.  I think Gardner will have a break year at RB.  Our WRs will be swift and I hope sure handed.  The Cogshell Bros can scoot and will be dangerous in the return game.  We will need to find a replacement for Joe Denver on the line.  And the largest advantage to this year's team, IMHO, is that Coach Wilson is the only Head Coach they have had.  I was impressed with the discipline on last year's team and with the stability at the Coaching position I see us returning to the playoffs.  I am predicting a 7-3 record. Probably more than you wanted to know.

Leon, I LOVE the idea of playing the schools with tradition. Nothing against the Clarksville schools; but, West Creek, Kenwood, and Rossview are so new that they are still graduating first generation students. They haven't been schools long enough to build an alumni base and they are still developing/building their traditions. On the other hand, Springfield, Gallatin, White House, Macon County, Portland, Clarksville High and Pearl-Cohn all have deep well established traditions. This is a tailor made district for football purists like you and I. Now for my outlook for the Jackets. I look for us to continue the two QB offense system with Buckner and Kane (like Lenk and Barbee last year). Our running game should be stronger as all our backs have another year of experience under their belts. I think Gardner will have a break year at RB. Our WRs will be swift and I hope sure handed. The Cogshell Bros can scoot and will be dangerous in the return game. We will need to find a replacement for Joe Denver on the line. And the largest advantage to this year's team, IMHO, is that Coach Wilson is the only Head Coach they have had. I was impressed with the discipline on last year's team and with the stability at the Coaching position I see us returning to the playoffs. I am predicting a 7-3 record. Probably more than you wanted to know.

I think one of the keys to your success last year was the line play. I know Gallatin had trouble making big holes and could not control the line against your defense last year. Conversely the Wave defensive line had a lot of trouble containing the Springfield backfield. This year Gallatin has a lot of experience returning so those sophomores and a few juniors last year are bigger and stronger. Hoping it goes a bit different this year against those power backs.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one of the keys to your success last year was the line play. I know Gallatin had trouble making big holes and could not control the line against your defense last year. Conversely the Wave defensive line had a lot of trouble containing the Springfield backfield. This year Gallatin has a lot of experience returning so those sophomores and a few juniors last year are bigger and stronger. Hoping it goes a bit different this year against those power backs.

No doubt Gallatin will be a tough out. Has the RB Banks transfered ?

Edited by LEON

No doubt Gallatin will be a tough out. Has the RB Banks transfered ?

He has moved back to Sevier Co with his dad. He was on a hardship to be eligible to play at Gallatin. Unless his mom officially moved to Sevier Co he is ineligible according to the TSSAA rule book. He has so much on the line in way of a UT scholarship or another school I am not sure what he will do. As of right now he is not at Gallatin and not eligible. If something were to happen, not saying that it will, I think his eligibility is still in tact here. All I know is that Gallatin was very young last year and several key positions return.