2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Did starter Cole Smith play for CAK? I didn't see him in the box score.

Nope but Robbie W is a starter for GCA and not at 100% from injury just playing spots trying to get back so it was even as far as that stuff goes. We had a key sub down sick CAK also had a couple subs not there but they had talent plenty to win .......and didnt 😉

Did starter Cole Smith play for CAK? I didn't see him in the box score.

Cole Smith hasn't been starting. Let me rephrase that, against Catholic and few other games I've seen he hasn't been starting. It seems that Reynolds, Martin, Helton, Debusk and Bowers have been pretty consistent starters for CAK

Cole plays a lot of minutes just doesn't start but he's a top 3 player on team . Sulack doesn't start either. Great win for grace. cak was missing cole smith, Michael Debusk, Craig carter and stewart Howell. Not to mention coming off a big game with catholic the night before while grace played greenback. Great win for Grace hope it is a jump start for their season. On to a bigger game at Alcoa on Friday.

Cole plays a lot of minutes just doesn't start but he's a top 3 player on team . Sulack doesn't start either. Great win for grace. cak was missing cole smith, Michael Debusk, Craig carter and stewart Howell. Not to mention coming off a big game with catholic the night before while grace played greenback. Great win for Grace hope it is a jump start for their season. On to a bigger game at Alcoa on Friday.

I think you hit the nail that catholic game was a dog fight. I heard each team was like 8-40 shooting. Foul fest...

That probably helped us more than anything. CAK played 8 quarters in 24 hours so I give ya that point. Funny thing is Connor Arnold almost went to CAK can you imagine Hunter, Sulak, Smith, Arnold there in the same class?

But he is happy at GCA great situation and school too. Good coaches that love the kids and I trust. GCA has been good to my boys. Good luck at Alcoa! Rooting for the warriors and Shane

Edited by 12thmanGCA

2 interesting matchups tonight , McMinn Central travels to Oliver Springs, and Harriman at Wartburg. Any thoughts? If M.C. is hitting the 3 ball they are tough , live and die by it though! No clue about the Harriman/Wartburg game , would like to see Harriman represent 3A well though!

OS played McMinn Central in December and lost by 3.  OS led most of the 2nd half, but the 3 ball was going in for Central to steal it away. The game winner was a 3!!  Harriman at Wartburg will be a high scoring game, that is for sure.  The first one to 90 wins!!   Another game tonight that will be huge for district 4a will be Coalfield at Oakdale.  Oakdale has looked unbeatable in the district (even though their non-district record has taken some hits) but Coalfield has been playing and shooting well as of late.  A win by Oakdale and their lead for first gets bigger, but a win by Coalfield opens the door for first with 4 teams still in play (Wartburg, OS, Coalfield, and Oakdale).

Big night of basketball, pick a gym and attend!!!

Or Greenback must be really down. 14 points in a boys varsity game? Ouch

Anyone know what's going on with Greenback?  With that good of a football program you think there would be enough good athletes to at least stay middle of the pack in the district.  I know it's a tough road this year in 3A, but still getting run like that seems a bit extreme.  Were there players out for GB?

OS played McMinn Central in December and lost by 3. OS led most of the 2nd half, but the 3 ball was going in for Central to steal it away. The game winner was a 3!! Harriman at Wartburg will be a high scoring game, that is for sure. The first one to 90 wins!! Another game tonight that will be huge for district 4a will be Coalfield at Oakdale. Oakdale has looked unbeatable in the district (even though their non-district record has taken some hits) but Coalfield has been playing and shooting well as of late. A win by Oakdale and their lead for first gets bigger, but a win by Coalfield opens the door for first with 4 teams still in play (Wartburg, OS, Coalfield, and Oakdale).

Big night of basketball, pick a gym and attend!!!

I wouldn't say Oakdale has looked unbeatable. They only beat coalfield by 4 the first game and have yet to play Wartburg. I'm not sure what to think of OS yet as they've beat Wartburg and played Coalfield close but got killed by Oakdale. I believe come tournament time all 4 of the ones you mentioned could win it. Edited by TheMan2015

Anyone know what's going on with Greenback? With that good of a football program you think there would be enough good athletes to at least stay middle of the pack in the district. I know it's a tough road this year in 3A, but still getting run like that seems a bit extreme. Were there players out for GB?

Nope all there.....nice kids just not as much talent for their coaches to work with. The point guard is a good football and basketball athlete. He had 0 in the GCA game at gca but had like 20 in the first game.

Honestly GCA just over matches them bad