TSSAA Proposal Changes?

mrbigster

The reason nothing has been done is $$$. Or fear of loss of it. I don't see how 26 private schools could dominate the 200 or so publics. That is not a valid argument. Most of tenn is rural and live way too far from a private. Also who says an athlete pays to go to a private school? That's the idea you offer free tuition to stud athletes in the form of athletic or probably academic scholarships no matter how good a student they are. It's their discretion who and how scholarships and which ones are awarded. Full split. 26 cannot and will not dominate 200

Edited by 9oldschool5

The reason nothing has been done is $$$. Or fear of loss of it. I don't see how 26 private schools could dominate the 200 or so publics. That is not a valid argument. Most of tenn is rural and live way too far from a private. Also who says an athlete pays to go to a private school? That's the idea you offer free tuition to stud athletes in the form of athletic or probably academic scholarships no matter how good a student they are. It's their discretion who and how scholarships and which ones are awarded. Full split. 26 cannot and will not dominate 200

You are somewhat correct in that the small classes (primarily 1A) would remain unchanged and remain relevant.  Rural schools would be the only classes that would not be dominated by the privates.  The small privates would really have to step up their game or be out of luck and all but the smallest publics far from urban centers would lose most of their talent to larger private school.  It has happened elsewhere.  In some states the public post season is an afterthought as the real state champions are in the private sector and the publics cannot compete.  The private championships are on TV and the publics are attended by friends and family because they are the only ones who care.  Great athletes want to compete on the biggest stage available to them and they will gravitate there.  The only way to keep them is to compete on the big stage. 

Why do the best football players in the country go to SEC schools? Even Vandy can say to their recruits that they will get an opportunity to play in the best conference in the country.  Some will want to be a big fish in a small pond but the majority goes where the game is.

Edited by rikberry

Sounds a lot like how our government deals with, or rather fails to deal with, illegal immigration.

We don't need more rules that won't be enforced. We need a wall. :rolleyes:

true as it may be...you need an upper GI trak and testosterone producin kit to do what you want done....... even if it goes up, the ones you want gone are already here and theyr stayin.... unfortunately at this time, the less than fortunates who are strugglin with their percieved lack of inequities should go ahead and do what everyone else is doin......you cant stay afloat w/out us

Booger solo te enfundes  ouvrier7.gif

You are somewhat correct in that the small classes (primarily 1A) would remain unchanged and remain relevant.  Rural schools would be the only classes that would not be dominated by the privates.  The small privates would really have to step up their game or be out of luck and all but the smallest publics far from urban centers would lose most of their talent to larger private school.  It has happened elsewhere.  In some states the public post season is an afterthought as the real state champions are in the private sector and the publics cannot compete.  The private championships are on TV and the publics are attended by friends and family because they are the only ones who care.  Great athletes want to compete on the biggest stage available to them and they will gravitate there.  The only way to keep them is to compete on the big stage. 

Why do the best football players in the country go to SEC schools? Even Vandy can say to their recruits that they will get an opportunity to play in the best conference in the country.  Some will want to be a big fish in a small pond but the majority goes where the game is.

The small privates don't want to change their mission, if so, they would have already done it.

Boog and I have crossed sabers before because the private thing is even more skewered in lesser sports.  I have watch some arguably talented (by public school standards) fail to get out of their own district because they share it with two privates.  Those two privates have combined for like the last 11 women's soccer championships. (CAK and KC)  I don't mind them winning state championships, but their advantages are night and day compared to my crew.  It gonna happen AGAIN this year too. (team currently 5-0 and have yet to face either CAK or KC)  The field in a lot of sports is NOT LEVEL.

Kazzy

Boog and I have crossed sabers before because the private thing is even more skewered in lesser sports. I have watch some arguably talented (by public school standards) fail to get out of their own district because they share it with two privates. Those two privates have combined for like the last 11 women's soccer championships. (CAK and KC) I don't mind them winning state championships, but their advantages are night and day compared to my crew. It gonna happen AGAIN this year too. (team currently 5-0 and have yet to face either CAK or KC) The field in a lot of sports is NOT LEVEL.

Kazzy

Great point. The publics hold their own in football but you are exactly right about the other sports! I would love to see a breakdown of the total championships won by privates playing in the public sector vs the public schools with football left out of it. Maybe someone has the resources to provide that info.

Boog and I have crossed sabers before because the private thing is even more skewered in lesser sports.  I have watch some arguably talented (by public school standards) fail to get out of their own district because they share it with two privates.  Those two privates have combined for like the last 11 women's soccer championships. (CAK and KC)  I don't mind them winning state championships, but their advantages are night and day compared to my crew.  It gonna happen AGAIN this year too. (team currently 5-0 and have yet to face either CAK or KC)  The field in a lot of sports is NOT LEVEL.

Kazzy

good to see ya alive a still kickin kazam

Booger just sayin :thumb:

I'm alive.....I'll be kickin' until we face...er....well you know!! :thumb:

How ND look this time?

Kazzy

we'r not the explosive team we were last year........our numbers are down a bit; lots of young freshman and sophomores havin to learn system and handle duty.......think we had 16 in our freshman class last year, less than half of them came back out this year (quit, transfered or booted because of grades or some other action).....and now we are dealin with 7 or 8 out with injuries; thinkin 5 or 6 of them starters...tuff loss against 3rd rank Tyner this past week....the game this week against CCS will let us know where have gone or not gone

as for that other team your talkin bout; have to be careful on here with the verbage or playerscoach will start callin out all his players in middle tn........ coach says they are strugglin......lookin for some sr. leadership maybe....lost a great sr. class..... not a good weekend in the Baylor tourney this past week for them and may not be good to them up at Bearden tourney this weekend...Booger will see them for the first time next week....been travlin to watch play on the Boogerette freshman collegiate tour 

Booger just sayin  :thumb: