Mairvul att Alcoee

STARSNBARS

Somewhat of a side note to MHS/AHS week but congrats to the Maryville College Scots for a big win last night at ETSU. I realize ETSU is in their first year of restarting their program but for a small college school such as Maryville to beat an FCS school is a huge win.

Not surprisingly, former MHS Rebels Trenton Shuler ( 2 TD's, 107 yards rushing), Nick Myers ( 1 TD passing) and Logan Winders ( 1 TD receiving) were major players in the big win.

Bee Cee haz tha jumbowtron werkin' good....... :thumb:

Barney I have to agree on the '70 teem.....Totally dominant....Led by Tommy Beaver, who many still believe is the best QB to ever pull on a red, black, or white jersey at 825......

Possibly the best all around athlete IMO. Basketball, blazing fast ball and worked as a golf pro I believe?

Congrats to the entire scots family-a great experience.

When I stumbled from my red koolaid stupor and saw the local paper, I thought it was Sunday. MC won a big game and nothing about the pistol creek rivalry or the haitage/wb game. Thanks to coacht, I now know the high school football games are tonight. To keep with the sportbeat in our local paper, I am gonna make some predictions...

Some blount county teams are gonna win and lose in soccer and volleyball, Serena is gonna beat an Italian for the grand slam, and something will need to be covered and reported on in the seymour sports community (lots of happenings in the Boyds Creek area).

WE CANT DETERMINE THE WINNING TEAM! WE CANT DETERMINE THE LOSING TEAM! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REFEREES? WHAT GAME IS THAT ON THE SCOREBOARD?

The administrations from both schools realize all the press coverage is up in seymour and the game officials are transferred at halftime out toward nebo to rest the officials there who are cramping up from all the high scoring. I predict murvil/alcoa game gets suspended at the half for lack of interest. Those who want to watch football will stay and watch the hairtage/wb game on the huge jumbotron. ETCoach is good to listen to. Rankin and GQ order pizza for evetryone that stays.

PS: Grapevine tomorrow reports that Rankin makes GQ pay the tip because murvil is a much bigger school.

Edited by strongx

ESPN felt this game was worthy of their time three years ago, and our local paper, who has the good fortune to have the two best programs in the state in their backyard cannot find the time to put any effort whatsoever to this game during the week. The meager offering they had yesterday was simply reprinting the quotes from the game five years ago. W E A K

Edited by mhs

ESPN felt this game was worthy of their time three years ago, and our local paper, who has the good fortune to have the two best programs in the state in their backyard cannot find the time to put any effort whatsoever to this game during the week. The meager offering they had yesterday was simply reprinting the quotes from the game five years ago. W E A K

Absolutely. The murvil/alcoa game has an atmosphere like a state quarter final or semi final matchup. Really hard to beat IMO. I would think the OR/AC game would be similar, but I have never been to one. Don't they play tonight?

Well this will be exciting for me because I haven't had a chance to see the used jumbo TV set until tonight so I'm sure this will be a treat. Reminds me of the time when I was a little boy and the neighbors that got the first colored TV and half the neighborhood was in their house that night to watch Gilligan and My Mother The Car.sffnyo.jpg

Does Maryville have a game tonight ?? LOL .... 

They called our Game with Fulton the" Battle of Champions"   Murvil - 16 + Fulton's - 6 = 22 Championships  ( Starz helped me out with the Math )

Our Game tonight that is being called " The Second best game in Blount Co."  Features Murvil - still 16 & Alcoee - 13 .... for a total of 29 Championships ! 

I'm so confuzzed ... I guess I'll head on over to Alcoee and just see if anybody decides to play tonight ....  Hopefully the AP will run a story about it in a few days and the Daily Misprint will pick it up ..... Go Rebels !!

Does Maryville have a game tonight ?? LOL .... 

They called our Game with Fulton the" Battle of Champions"   Murvil - 16 + Fulton's - 6 = 22 Championships  ( Starz helped me out with the Math )

Our Game tonight that is being called " The Second best game in Blount Co."  Features Murvil - still 16 & Alcoee - 13 .... for a total of 29 Championships ! 

I'm so confuzzed ... I guess I'll head on over to Alcoee and just see if anybody decides to play tonight ....  Hopefully the AP will run a story about it in a few days and the Daily Misprint will pick it up ..... Go Rebels !!

I'm with you man. I kelp asking what channel will it be on tonight and come to find out it's not. It went from ESPN to a classified ad in The Daily Times in the matter of three years.