Gallatin (3-0) @ Henry Co. (2-1) - 5A Showdown

Gtowner

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Henry Co poster so please dont take my comments out on them...

I follow HC because of our yearly match up (Liberty Tech) and I pull for them outside of that week...

that being said...im looking @ who the Gmen have played so far and im trying to figure out who the impressive win is against...Mt Juliet may go 0'fer and they arent competitive vs traditional football powers...Springfield beat 2 mediocre 3a programs...and then theres Hunters Lane...enough said

unless ur boys can put the ball in the air on target...ur not gona get many 1st downs in Patriot land

looking @ ur schedule it seems that Henry co may very well be the best team ur going to see all season outside of Hendersonville and theyre not exactly blowing teams out of the water yet

good luck to both teams...a lil more luck to the Big Red

Springfield beat Greenbrier High granted a 3A school that is a bit down this year. The Jackets second win was against 4A Region opponent Maplewood. We played Gallatin and lost 27-21 without one of our running backs who was out with an injury. No excuses for the loss we were beaten but I am pretty sure Gallatin knew they had been in a football game. The Pats are better than us

I wish our open date was this week. I would call JacketLover and we would head to Paris to see this one after a bit of tailgating with Drew, OldDevil, and QBPrez. This one will be a good one. Two storied, disciplined programs with classy, knowledgeable fans playing at the best High School venue I have ever been to. It doesn't get much better than this game

I wish our open date was this week. I would call JacketLover and we would head to Paris to see this one after a bit of tailgating with Drew, OldDevil, and QBPrez. This one will be a good one. Two storied, disciplined programs with classy, knowledgeable fans playing at the best High School venue I have ever been to. It doesn't get much better than this game

Yep.

I am not a Henry Co poster so please dont take my comments out on them...

I follow HC because of our yearly match up (Liberty Tech) and I pull for them outside of that week...

that being said...im looking @ who the Gmen have played so far and im trying to figure out who the impressive win is against...Mt Juliet may go 0'fer and they arent competitive vs traditional football powers...Springfield beat 2 mediocre 3a programs...and then theres Hunters Lane...enough said

unless ur boys can put the ball in the air on target...ur not gona get many 1st downs in Patriot land

looking @ ur schedule it seems that Henry co may very well be the best team ur going to see all season outside of Hendersonville and theyre not exactly blowing teams out of the water yet

good luck to both teams...a lil more luck to the Big Red

I really have to disagree with you on this post. I din't think HC or Gallitin would finish any better than 3rd in that district. Hillsboro and Hendersonville are both 2 TD's better.With that being said Gallitin has a very tough schedule. Both teams are 1 dimentional and have to be more than that to beat those two quality teams. just my 2 cents.

Springfield beat Greenbrier High granted a 3A school that is a bit down this year. The Jackets second win was against 4A Region opponent Maplewood. We played Gallatin and lost 27-21 without one of our running backs who was out with an injury. No excuses for the loss we were beaten but I am pretty sure Gallatin knew they had been in a football game. The Pats are better than us

Springfield is better than HC this year. i saw them play NE. Not impresed

I wish my Bucs were playing at Paris again this year.  Our trip there in 2012 was one of the best high school football experiences I've had in a long time.  Of course, the outcome of the game didn't hurt either.  Good luck to the Wave.

Well, that was definitely one for the record books. It was as impressive a performance from a single back EVER in Patriot Stadium. And I would venture to say probably the only time one will have that kind of performance there. HC is traditionally a Defensive team and more often than not a "stop the run" kind of set. But that particular game, Hurd would not be denied and he showed it! HC fans really enjoyed our series with Beech, maybe we will do it again in the future...

I am hearing the Henry Co defense is as good as advertised. They play multiple fronts, wide gaps, bump and run coverage, and can fly to the ball. That is a huge challenge for the Green Wave offensive line. They have a really good kicker too, like it has been mentioned. Gallatin has their work cut out for them this week trying to prepare.

My observation from seeing Mason, the RB for Gallatin, is he is very good but does not run as hard as he could every play. Some from Gallatin disagree, and if I carried it 40 times a game I would take some plays off too, :). He is a beast when he gets going, though.

I found this online with Mason's highlights from Springfield.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3244932/highlights/283200317/v2

I am hearing the Henry Co defense is as good as advertised. They play multiple fronts, wide gaps, bump and run coverage, and can fly to the ball. That is a huge challenge for the Green Wave offensive line. They have a really good kicker too, like it has been mentioned. Gallatin has their work cut out for them this week trying to prepare.

GWave, both teams have their work cut out for them this week. Gallatin is not coming in here as underdogs this year. The edge seems to be toward Gallatin. You guys have a great offense and a very solid Defense. We have a great Defense, and a solid (at times) offense. For Henry County to win, we have to be able to put some points on the board and get some turnovers. This is going to be an exciting game!!!

Go Big RED!!!