Maryville (4-0) @ Science Hill (3-0)

Tornado89

Just go ahead and claim that IFL victory if it makes you feel any better . Just Curious , did Bedard play Defense also ?? Maryville is substituting pretty freely , and right now I think they could score whatever they wanted to . 

SH's defense was handling Maryville just fine until Bedard went out. Anyone who's being completely honest would say the same thing.

We brought more than one QB up here with us!

As do the Toppers. However, unfortunately for them, the two behind Bedard have no Varsity game experience. And having to play them against the top team in the state isn't the best time to get them that experience. As I've said, I never said SH would have won the game.

I talked to a Maryville fan at the concession at halftime and he said to me "It's a real shame ya'll lost your QB because I think ya'll would've given us a real game if he was still in."

Edited by TFL2001

I'm going to be completely honest. I'm not saying the Toppers would have won but this game would have been very close and there's no doubt in my mind about that had Bedard not been injured. SH moved the ball easily on Maryville in their first drive. They were about to score and cut the score to 10-7 when Bedard went out, and never returned (Rumor is a concussion). Topper defense was playing well and the Topper offense looked very good on that first drive. This would have been a great game if the SH QB had not been knocked out of it.

As for DB, I'll tell you this, Maryville looks very beatable this year and I think you guys have a great shot against them.

I agree it would have been a much better game but remember things like the on-side kick.Maryville has the best staff in the state and they can make adjustments with the best of them.It took everything for the Rebs to win it all last year,but that was against some great teams.I don't think anyone in east TN other then Maryville has the team right now in 6A to compete with the very best in middle and west TN

SH's defense was handling Maryville just fine until Bedard went out. Anyone who's being completely honest would say the same thing.

Dang I remember Maryville losing a QB at half in a State Championship game and Maryville went on to win anyway ... that QB just went on to Beat the Volunteers and the Gators on their own field in College ... as great as that QB was I don't think he would of made a 50pt difference like your QB , so that's very impressive !!