Maryville (4-0) @ Science Hill (3-0)

Tornado89

It may seem easy for Maryville because they are never on the other side of those blowouts. Do you really think GQ would take his starters out if they were getting blown out only to let the game get even more out of hand? No he would be trying to get some points to make it respectable.

G91....GQ wood live two fite anuthur day.......He wood knott waint two git enny starturs hert, reegardless if'un he's upp bye 40 orr behind bye 40..... :popcorneater:

G91....GQ wood live two fite anuthur day.......He wood knott waint two git enny starturs hert, reegardless if'un he's upp bye 40 orr behind bye 40..... :popcorneater:

Well....

Has Maryville been behind by 40 at any point in the GQ era? As I recall they didn't hang it up when they were down big to Ravenwood. Wouldn't that have been a good time to get the backups more experience? I mean getting those youngsters playing time against a team like Ravenwood would have helped y'all going forward. :popcorneater:

Well....

Has Maryville been behind by 40 at any point in the GQ era? As I recall they didn't hang it up when they were down big to Ravenwood. Wouldn't that have been a good time to get the backups more experience? I mean getting those youngsters playing time against a team like Ravenwood would have helped y'all going forward. :popcorneater:

G91 lett me clurrify this fer yee....When'st tha gaim iz ovur one way orr tha othur....GQ weal play tha 2's and 3's and sumtimes play 2 QB's and 6 RB's when'st hits steal inn dowt....

Agin R'wood thay wuz down 21 inn the furst qwartur (gaim knott ovur)..... :rolleyes:

G91 lett me clurrify this fer yee....When'st tha gaim iz ovur one way orr tha othur....GQ weal play tha 2's and 3's and sumtimes play 2 QB's and 6 RB's when'st hits steal inn dowt....

Agin R'wood thay wuz down 21 inn the furst qwartur (gaim knott ovur)..... :rolleyes:

Of course I was joking about that..... But all kidding aside I don't think GQ does anything that most coaches don't do. Most coaches will play their backups when they are up big. WB did it back in 07 when we blew out 6 or 7 of the teams on our schedule. The only thing that separates GQ and Maryville is the fact that they blow out everyone every year so their backups play every game. Any coach would do the same thing if they were in that situation.

Of course I was joking about that..... But all kidding aside I don't think GQ does anything that most coaches don't do. Most coaches will play their backups when they are up big. WB did it back in 07 when we blew out 6 or 7 of the teams on our schedule. The only thing that separates GQ and Maryville is the fact that they blow out everyone every year so their backups play every game. Any coach would do the same thing if they were in that situation.

Not everyone, every year........😉

G91-I really don't understand your point. Is it that GQ is in the fortunate situation of being able to remove the starters early and other teams are not? What exactly prevents a coach from playing his backup O or D when he is down 40something in the 3rd or 4th? Is it his pride? He thinks losing by 4-5 TDs is more acceptable? I don't get that. The same coaches whine this year about being forced to play so many guys both ways and then whine the next year about having to play so many guys that haven't played much football. I simply can't agree that losing by 35ish is more important than building depth and experience for down the road.

Hear's my thawts on tha gaim....

1. Hoap #11 iz ok.....He's a good playur......Butt Mairvul haid a 10 spot beefour #11 touched tha bawl

2. Mr. Brock putt on a sho and eye tried my best two hep tha Cyunts Hill corner.....Eye tolt hem two baick up

c. Eye wuz sirprised our littull fellers run blocked tham big ole linemuns az Cobb, JHop, Hall, Pickle, and Cam haid good nites runnin tha bawl

4. Eye shore am glaid #1 and #2 ere soffmoores fer tha Rebs

5. Mairvul looked vurry easy two prepair four....... :popcorneater:

I love it when Starsnbars edits a post! Pure talent like the team he follows. But you guys are taking Carters quote out of context and you know it. One can prepare but the devil is in the execution.

Maybe CSC should have borrowed a line from OUTLAW JOSEY WALES when Cap'n Redlegs was tracking JOSEY.. He said, "this man ain't hard to track, he leaves dead men wherever he goes."

Edited by TicketToRide

I love it when Starsnbars edits a post! Pure talent like the team he follows. But you guys are taking Carters quote out of context and you know it. One can prepare but the devil is in the execution.

Maybe CSC should have borrowed a line from OUTLAW JOSEY WALES when Cap'n Redlegs was tracking JOSEY.. He said, "this man ain't hard to track, he leaves dead men wherever he goes."

TTR, simply looking for the edge.

G91-I really don't understand your point. Is it that GQ is in the fortunate situation of being able to remove the starters early and other teams are not? What exactly prevents a coach from playing his backup O or D when he is down 40something in the 3rd or 4th? Is it his pride? He thinks losing by 4-5 TDs is more acceptable? I don't get that. The same coaches whine this year about being forced to play so many guys both ways and then whine the next year about having to play so many guys that haven't played much football. I simply can't agree that losing by 35ish is more important than building depth and experience for down the road.

Tough night him. Maryville won, and William Blount lost to Bearden; again. So he goes back to his happy place. 2007

Tough night him. Maryville won, and William Blount lost to Bearden; again. So he goes back to his happy place. 2007

Yep, tough night.

As for the game, I keep wondering when we have seen the best from #6, and then he plays better the next week. The old ball coach had a plan to jump out early, and it worked. Offense looked good against a BIG science hill team. Defense is getting better but still not quite able to get there. I picked murvil in overtime, but I thought the QB would play more than one drive. I hope the kid recovers quickly. Good luck to both teams.

Oh yeah, very nice stadium.