Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

To answer your question

Dresden runs a spread Pro Style of offense and likes to sling it all over the field. They are very good at that. They mix in some run with the RB but the QB can scramble and get out of trouble very quicklyaAndalusia gain yards that way.

Union City runs the MidLine Veer which is a Triple Option offense that is considered to be outdated but is very effective when run properly. It relies on a heavy dose of smash mouth football and simplyttaking what the defense gives you. That could be 10 4 yard plays or two 40 yard plays

It is so effective that UC has not punted one time this year.

Thank you great breakdown.  No punts is pretty impressive.  Only reason I used Peabody as a comparison is both teams blowed out other common opponents.  Of course using common opponents doesn't always work especially if 1 team had a lot of starters out for a game, or just a bad night.  Still using a comparison with that big a scoring margin is right at least 8 out of 10 times.  That's why I pick Dresden.  Union City needs to  eat clock, and not get into a track meet with a spread team.

Thank you great breakdown. No punts is pretty impressive. Only reason I used Peabody as a comparison in s both teams blowed out other common opponents. Of course using common opponents doesn't always work especially if 1 team had a lot of starters out for a game, or just a bad night. Still using a comparison with that big a scoring margin is right at least 8 out of 10 times. That's why I pick Dresden. Union City needs to eat clock, and not get into a track meet with a spread team.

I must apologize to you. I looked back this morning and I don't know why I took offense to your posts last night. I will not make excuses I just admit I was wrong. In this case I jumped on you right out of the gate and did not give you a fair chance. So once again I apologize.

Now, the last line of your above statement is precisely how UC does things against an opponent like Dresden. Ball control , grinding out the clock 3 and 4 yards at a time. By the end of the third quarter the defense begins to wear down and that's when we pull away in a close game. Well it's been that way since Coach Bowling came to UC in 2008. Well there you go. Once again, I do apologize for my behavior.

Oh brother.  Will somebody tell me about the strengths and weaknesses of these 2 teams.  It seems you want to talk about Mayfield, and since you brought them up again, how is researching them, and finding out they are 22-4-1 against your team, they have 11 titles, and 5th in the nation in all time wins.  How in the world is any of that hearsay.  Its about as much hearsay as seeing your team beat Peabody, and saying well that site could be lying, so maybe they really didn't beat them.

The record is 19-7-1. We've not played each other because we've not had a common open Friday. Trigg County is the last Kentucky team we've played. 

Dresden wins this game. Dresden stomped Peabody. Union City slid by them. Great run Union City, but the streak ends. Probably shouldn't have lasted this long, but since they ducked playing that little Yankee school from the Bluegrass state they have ran up quite a record.

What Dresden and UC did against Peabody has no bearing on what will happen in this game, just saying.....

Thank you great breakdown. No punts is pretty impressive. Only reason I used Peabody as a comparison is both teams blowed out other common opponents. Of course using common opponents doesn't always work especially if 1 team had a lot of starters out for a game, or just a bad night. Still using a comparison with that big a scoring margin is right at least 8 out of 10 times. That's why I pick Dresden. Union City needs to eat clock, and not get into a track meet with a spread team.

UC is very strong in the track meet department.

Well Well Well. Look at this genius. Reaper! You have a wanna be here. Let's see here. You think UC should play some team that you can't even remember how to say the name. You are silly enough to use common teams we have both played as a comparison to how you think this game will turn out. You say " I heard this or that" and "I think this or that " and you sound completely uninformed. You are simply passing along hearsay and don't have the first clue about what you are talking about. Do you realize that you are on a thread that is focused on the number 1 and 2 teams in the state? I'm not sure you are ready for this. We don't need anymore mindless babble here. So please, don't waste any more of our time with your senseless interruptions. The grown ups are talking here. Go play somewhere else.

I'm not that familiar with Mayfield, but I have seen some of there highlights on WPSD. I can't comment on UC's history against Kentucky based teams. If the poster is correct, then they have a good program---but I heard the same about some of the Ballard teams as well. We took care of those guys pretty easy earlier this year. VolStomper---what an original name to generate some friendships on CoachT. I guess now that Kentucky enters a football season with a chance to go 500, they are now a power team. Saying what Mayfield did to UC several years ago is about as bad as how the CoachT poster BigPurple brags about Milan's four championships....since 1941 or something.

UC is very strong in the track meet department.

If this were a "track" meet only contest, I'd pick UC. But this game involves a football that has to be passed or carried, and it's actually how fast the football progresses down the field and not "just" a player. Dresden can get the football down the field a lot faster than UC. UC is very methodical in the 3,4,5 yard progressions and eventually they bust one. If they eat that clock and get down a couple of TDs, it's going to be a long night for UC.

If this were a "track" meet only contest, I'd pick UC. But this game involves a football that has to be passed or carried, and it's actually how fast the football progresses down the field and not "just" a player. Dresden can get that the football down the field a lot faster than UC. UC is very methodical in the 3,4,5 yard progressions and eventually they bust one. If they eat that clock and get down a couple of TDs, it's going to be a long night for UC.

In the past I would agree 100% that if we got down to a passing team like the Lions that you could crank u the bus and head home. I don't think we are that fragile anymore or at least not the last couple of years. Some part of me thought that, when Peabody went up by 14 in the first 5 minutes my Tornadoes were gonna have a long night. But before half-time we had gone ahead by two scores and honestly should have been 3 scores. I know that Dresden is not Peabody and this is a different day, I was just offering a recent example of your game scenario. Let me then turn that same situation back to you. What does Dresden do if they go down by 2 scores against a methodically run offense like what UC has ?

In my experience the 3 yards and a cloud of dust method works great if you get up by a couple of scores.  Just move the chains, and the team behind chances dwindle as the clock is ate.  Its hard to blow out a good ground, and pound team to as they will at least keep it close.  However ive seen a spread team beat a ground, and pound team way more times in my years,  A lot more.  Maybe it was just who I was watching, but if the ground and pound team gets 2 scores behind its usually over as they are forced to abandon their plan, and go to the pass.  Once seen a record setting team that had rushed for 6000 yards in a season get beat by over 40 to a spread team in the same class.  The key is finishing the drives.  When a team runs the ball that much the chance of fumbling is high.  If a good run team can hang onto the ball, and not jump offsides and get behind the chains it works great, but ive seen a lot of them go down by coughing up the ball or killing drives with penalties.

I'm not that familiar with Mayfield, but I have seen some of there highlights on WPSD. I can't comment on UC's history against Kentucky based teams. If the poster is correct, then they have a good program---but I heard the same about some of the Ballard teams as well. We took care of those guys pretty easy earlier this year. VolStomper---what an original name to generate some friendships on CoachT. I guess now that Kentucky enters a football season with a chance to go 500, they are now a power team. Saying what Mayfield did to UC several years ago is about as bad as how the CoachT poster BigPurple brags about Milan's four championships....since 1941 or something.

Ah Reaper.... I see you have been thinking about me this morning. Good to know you have no life and nothing to do than sit around and think about lil ole me. Carry on. :)