DB FOOTBALL=TIME FOR A CHANGE!

DBfaninthe37660

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments like this is why we need change.I have much RESPECT for MVILLE.But there not UNBEATABLE!!..Folks put them up on a pedestal and a lot of teams are beat before they step on the field with them.I'm not saying making coaching changes will help beat MVILLE.I'm saying getting somebody on the sidelines that will get DB players and fans to believe they belong on the field with them.It just seems to me that the DB COACHING STAFF from top to bottom are content and complacent with the program.

Sounds like you got the Formula figured out .... I'm sure no one else has considered the possibility that Maryville could be beat ... LOL  :mrgreen:

DB is such a joke for wanting to throw away GC. I think you guys are just sour because you were forced to play actual competition instead of just being allowed to beat up on the small schools in your area.

My friend you are getting ready to get so blasted by the DB faithful....

In 1997, 2003, 2004 and 2012 DB made it to the quarters.

In 1998, 2000 and 2002 DB made it to the semis

These playoff games were not against local Tri-cities cupcakes.

Now, with that being said, fans are upset with GC because DB is losing some games they should win due to  things like predictable play calling, going conservative when there is a lead, stuff like that.   This video perhaps encapsulates all the frustrations:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjlQiaOBWM

Funny how all the negativity comes out now about GC. Dan is finally not able to hide in the upper east corner of the state and beat up on Chukey Doak and Daniel Boone. Truth is, they are finally playing teams that at their own size and we see how they have faired.

You're an Idiot. And anybody else that says this is an Idiot also. I guess you can't even remember the Big East Conference that DB won every year except one. Against schools their own size. And read blazers post. don't know why you morons keep spouting this nonsense. You look like fools to the people that know better. And to the posters that think all DB fans want to can Coach Clark that's a bunch of bunk also. What we want is some good coaching on the defense side. A new DC and a new defensive backs coach is all we need. The offense under Clark is fine. You Idiots need to crawl back under you're rock.

You're an Idiot. And anybody else that says this is an Idiot also. I guess you can't even remember the Big East Conference that DB won every year except one. Against schools their own size. And read blazers post. don't know why you morons keep spouting this nonsense. You look like fools to the people that know better. And to the posters that think all DB fans want to can Coach Clark that's a bunch of bunk also. What we want is some good coaching on the defense side. A new DC and a new defensive backs coach is all we need. The offense under Clark is fine. You Idiots need to crawl back under you're rock.

You're right, beating Boone, Crockett, Sullivan schools, and Volunteer are quality wins......Give me a break. If DB had to play in a Knoxville region all of those years and play actual quality opponents, they would not be the state's winningest school. 

Edited by adalum96

You're right, beating Boone, Crockett, Sullivan schools, and Volunteer are quality wins......Give me a break. If DB had to play in a Knoxville region all of those years and play actual quality opponents, they would not be the state's winningest school.

Uhhhhhhhhh, I'm pretty sure Waco was referring to playing in the same region with Science Hill, Bearden, Jefferson County, Campbell County, Sevier County, Karns and South-Doyle (until S-D moved down to 4A in 2004).

And I think (although I'm not 100% sure) they used to play in the same region as Heritage, William Blount and Oak Ridge back in the 90's also. If they weren't in the same region, they played them about every year.

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

Uhhhhhhhhh, I'm pretty sure Waco was referring to playing in the same region with Science Hill, Bearden, Jefferson County, Campbell County, Sevier County, Karns and South-Doyle (until S-D moved down to 4A in 2004).

And I think (although I'm not 100% sure) they used to play in the same region as Heritage, William Blount and Oak Ridge back in the 90's also. If they weren't in the same region, they played them about every year.

Even if he was, Bearden, Campbell Co., Karns, and South Doyle were not quality opponents. 

My friend you are getting ready to get so blasted by the DB faithful....

In 1997, 2003, 2004 and 2012 DB made it to the quarters.

In 1998, 2000 and 2002 DB made it to the semis

These playoff games were not against local Tri-cities cupcakes.

Now, with that being said, fans are upset with GC because DB is losing some games they should win due to  things like predictable play calling, going conservative when there is a lead, stuff like that.   This video perhaps encapsulates all the frustrations:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjlQiaOBWM

The problem with this argument is that in the years you mention above, DB had either a 9-1 or 10-0 record every year but 1 and it was 8-2.

DB should have been favored in almost every game in which they were bounced and probably played most of them at home. Thus the never ending whine party.

ps And you fail to mention the 6 times during this time span that DB was eliminated in the first or second round when they had a record of 10-0 or 9-1.

Edited by jhilts

Even if he was, Bearden, Campbell Co., Karns, and South Doyle were not quality opponents.

Like I said, You're an Idiot. You don't have a clue. Show me one public school that don't have teams like this as half their schedule year in and year out. You're just singling out DB because your a hater. Try Oak Ridge, Farragut, Jefferson Co., MBA, etc.