Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

Oh, I'm sure you are correct. Problem is in truly "poor" areas no one can afford to pay "how much it takes to actually run a school". If the money isn't there how is the tuition being paid? I'm not insinuating any wrong doing at all, just curious how a poor community can have an $8k per kid per year school? :thumb::popcorneater:

What do you think the percentage is 700 kids K-12 out of a County population of 84,000?

The overwhelming % of the County is not "Rich" enough to afford a private school....

SP receivers drops possible game winner. TC gets away with illegal motion as wingback leaves early on game winning score. Kudos to Gordonsville fans for sharing heater with my boys. It was freezing COLD! Yea, we travel all over the state to watch big time games. We love hs football. Pujo was with us that night too.

You are correct. Bad memories for us pirates. That game kept us from going to 5 consecutive championship games.

Maybe some parents contacted them, but no coach or anyone directly affiliated with the team did I can assure you. CA is excited to go to Greenback to show how them what's it's like to play a good team

I am sure no Coach contacted them personally,BUT the ADMIN had to be in the middle of it.Parents would have to have the Authorization of the Admin to cantact the TSSAA to ask for a change of venue.That's fine tho,it is being played where it IS SUPPOSED to be played by the RULES.so again we hope you all have a safe trip to Cooper field and I do hope the home fans on your side act like they are supposed to and you will have a great time...Unless you lose but that sounds like a long shot.

probably 5'9 or 5'10 not very tall but trust me CA's #1 can catch anything thrown his way he is a very good probably the best I've seen at the 1a 2a level I watched a lot of film before the sp game and I knew he was good but in person he was much better! With that being said I do think he's stoppable but it gonna take getting pressure on the qb and a db that's at least 6'1 6'2 you may wanna bring the safety over too lol Ca line stays fresh the whole game they sub about all there line and theyre all good they have a very good team

Good points Willy! Fact is on 3rd and long he will be will be who gets the ball. A good defensive coaching scheme shuts that big tall drink of water down on the line and forces the play inside- do that CA loses. Simply put very few 1A teams have defensive backs who can match his height and ability to jump. Talented player for sure. If CA makes it past GB they will see one of two teams in the championship game that will be very tough. Peabody has been my pick since last season when they dismantled a good Marion County. I still believe they sqeak by NC and the wheels come off the wagon early for the team who represents the east. Both NC and Peabody are very very good!

Good points Willy! Fact is on 3rd and long he will be will be who gets the ball. A good defensive coaching scheme shuts that big tall drink of water down on the line and forces the play inside- do that CA loses. Simply put very few 1A teams have defensive backs who can match his height and ability to jump. Talented player for sure. If CA makes it past GB they will see one of two teams in the championship game that will be very tough. Peabody has been my pick since last season when they dismantled a good Marion County. I still believe they sqeak by NC and the wheels come off the wagon early for the team who represents the east. Both NC and Peabody are very very good!

Very good points ChickenDave. You are right about whoever wins the west. Columbia Academy could score a few points on those teams, but would allow 40 plus to either team. Greenback's defense is a little better, but this game is for the silver ball and there is nothing wrong with that. The experience for the kids to get to Cookeville will be a dream come true for either program.