Oakland @ Maryville

GoPats2019

I am very proud of all of them. 27, 44, 25 ,2 , 14 , 88 , 76 20 ,5 40 , 23, 70, forgive and correct if i left some out ( im old). They are a stingy bunch and very committed. They were put in some bad situations a couple times last night and they rose to the occaision. Thanks Solly , i was beginng to think maybe i was the only one. 😉

Edited by GREYRIDERx

Congrats to Maryville. Played good defense when your back was against the wall. Made some huge plays on 3rd and long to keep a couple of drives alive. Once again you have proven to be best, and most disciplined program on the state. The one thing I have noticed, along with many others I am sure, is that Maryville doesn't play undisciplined football and they will pounce on other teams indiscipline play. You have nothing to prove. Why should you go and play other big name programs regardless if they are in state private or out of state powerhouses? Keep doing what you do. It's up to the rest of us to figure out how to beat you guys, to include my Smyrna Bulldogs and fellow Rutherford county brethren.

You will never really know how good your are until you step outside of your comfort zone and play the best teams possible. Without seeking out the very best competition you will just know that you are the best in your division.

As to Oakland. Four drives into the redzone and only six points to show for it. your defense played a great game. But not all is not lost. You guys will be loaded for some time to come. Congrats on getting this far.

If a team does not step outside their comfort zone and seek out the very best competition they will not know how good they can be. They will just know that they are the best team in their respective division. Edited by cbg

Congrats to the Pats on a nice season. Athletes all over the place. QB looked like he could zing the ball, but maybe not enough time spent on practicing it? Congrats to the Rebels on the win! Skeeter was full and Rock'n, great atmosphere for a HS football. Shout out to the Rebel Seniors for keeping the turf undefeated. One to go fella's!!!

Maryville-Oakland Box Score

Maryville 27, Oakland 13

Oakland 7 3 3 0—13

Maryville 7 13 0 7—27

Scoring: M—Isaiah Cobb 46 pass from Dylan Hopkins (Matthew Cone kick); O—Zarius Gamble 79 pass from Brandon Matthews (Aaron Sears kick); M—Joel Hopkins 1 run (Cone kick); O—FG 25 Sears; M—FG Cone 31; M—FG Cone 32; O—FG Sears 21; M—J. Hopkins 5 run (Cone kick)

O M

First downs 14 13

Rushes-yards 44-184 25-117

Passing 117 209

Comp-Att-Int 5-15-0 12-23-1

Punts 3-38 2-42.5

Fumbles-Lost 5-1 0-0

Penalties-Yards 4-15 3-13

Records: Oakland 12-2, Maryville 14-0

Sorry been absent this last week. we are preparing for a 8 hour surgery for my 15 year old daughter Emma Grace who suffers from severe juvenile arthritis. They have to cut her fibia in half and rotate her knee out 18 degrees then her tibia and in half and rotate her foot in 20 degrees. Then cut all the ligaments in her toes and put pins in to straighten them. Do a tendon transfer from the outside edge of her foot to her arch and last but not least cut off her heel bone, cut a wedge out of it and put back on with pins. I know the focus on this thread is Oakland/ Maryville game and I am praying for a good match up and I wish you all well, safe travels and healthy team when all is said and done If you get a chance and want to know more about juvenile arthritis this is Emma's and story she is just 1 of 300,000 kids with this disease.

http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/ccp.asp?ievent=1138317&lis=1&kntae1138317=046F10FF575D4123B915094B427DAA5F&ccp=669105

Prayers from Oak Ridge .