Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Barney I been here all evening on the sideline some with Murphy. Wendy is at the hotel. You aint up here until the SOS gets here. You probably at the jailhouse square taking up donations. Murphy put me up here in his luxury room with my Murphy Fair book watching this game. You think im joking but im not.

Are you sure Wendy wuz at the hotel the whole evenin'? That sure wuz a long game tonight. Glad it went into double overtime.

1714359wqf9qg3yu9.gif

Trezevant has the most disciplined defense. As i peruse through this thread, i see a lot hatred and jealousy towards the North Memphis purple bears. Im just glad to see two great teams battling and an inner city small Memphis team beat the odds and consistantly establish themselves as a Cookeville regular! All this after playing up for years. i love it.......

Not really sure who is hating on the bears. Most have been very complementary of how good they are. Saying their defense isnt as diciplined as mcs isnt a stretch. That doesnt mean we can tackle better but that our coach is a defensive coach. Trezevant is where they should be and so is Marion and im sure our kids will relish the opportunity to go against one of the best in the nation. What a memory, may the best team win......Go Warriors!!!

Not really sure who is hating on the bears. Most have been very complementary of how good they are. Saying their defense isnt as diciplined as mcs isnt a stretch. That doesnt mean we can tackle better but that our coach is a defensive coach. Trezevant is where they should be and so is Marion and im sure our kids will relish the opportunity to go against one of the best in the nation. What a memory, may the best team win......Go Warriors!!!

Today difference of opinnion is hating, too many people these days are so weak-minded that they can not tolerate anyone who does not totally affirm their position.  And you're right what ever the outcome tomorrow, this game will be something these boys remember the rest of there lives.

This matchup reminds me of the South Pitt vs Union City title game awhile back. South Pitt had tons of speed and athleticism; Union City did not. However Union City out coached and outplayed SP and pulled off the upset. I remember reading the forums back then on my previous account and no one picked Union City. I hope this is the case for Marion, play hard nosed football and want it more. Go Warriors.

+1

Trezevant has the most disciplined  defense. As i peruse through this thread, i see a lot hatred and jealousy towards the North Memphis purple bears.  Im just glad to see two great teams battling and an inner city small Memphis team beat the odds and consistantly establish themselves as a Cookeville regular! All this after playing up for years. i love it.......

Come on BTWSherrif, you already know the score. Whenever an inner city team, especially from the City of Memphis, plays a team that is NOT from the city (be it Memphis, St. Louis, Chicago, etc.) ... the non-urban school will automaitcally be more disciplinerd. It's an understood fact. The urban school will have more athletes ... but they will not be the most disciplined. Get use to that mantra ... it permeates everything, everywhere, in every classification, in every state of the U.S. It's not just a phenomenon in high school football in Tennessee. That line of thinking is 'Par for the Course' thinking from most everybody that is from a non-city type of program. PERIOD. Didn't you know that?

BTWSherrif ... Just let it roll off of your back like water off of a duck and cheer on those Purple Bears.

"ceiling fan store owner with a comb over!"

"long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"

You're KILLING it astimeexpires. Dont worry man. Marion wins. One kid I dont care if he's fournette, will not beat this MC team. Team is the key word.

If Trez wins,it won't be one kid, he's the best one and a difference maker but it'll take the whole team to pull it out. I'll be pulling For Marion Co but to be honest, I just don't see it.