Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

I don't do much typing on here, but I've watched 117 pages of T-high bashing. A couple of facst for everyone: 76-17 record over the last 6 years. 1 State Championship, 2 State Runner-ups, 1 semifinalis appearance, 1 quarterfinals appearence. Find any other team across the state with "terrible coaches" with that resume. (I'll wait). T-high does have a stud and some other great athletes. Name a powerhouse that doesn't. (I'm not waiting this time because you can't). There are plenty of schools in Memphis with better and more athletes than T-high. Someone explain to me why they aren't winning consistently like T-high. Both teams played a great game yesterday. Mistakes were made on both sides. Sorry T-high didn't win the way YOU thought they should win. But they did. So quit tryna find ways to bash them. They cleaned the nonsense up from 2010, and you guys keep coming up with different ways to criticize them. Just say congrats, and keep you backhanded compliments to yourself!

Good post

We won our by running exclusively. 2a against mus, 2a against brentwood acad, 3a against portland and 3a against humbolt

I said in the last 10 years in the larger classifications, me and Antwan have already had this discussion. The game has changed not only in highschool but also college and pros. A balanced team beats a one demensional teams majority of the time, and yes in the last 10 years far and few teams have been able to line it up and run it down your throat. That's why the wing t, Maryland eye, etc are becoming more and more obsolete

Edited by Swipes

You won a championship in 2A where you belong according to the rules. You have one of the best athletes from Tennessee ever on the team and a good group around them. You won fair and square but other fans from other teams (who were pretty good too) say things that you don't like and you want to call them racist?

Grow up buddy. Stop looking for excuses in life and enjoy the win.

AMEN..you t highs get on here talking how you're gonna run us off the field and throw rocks at us..over by half, win by 100.. Didn't work out that way and you can blame refs the sunshine whatever. You were in a dogfight and you won because of a stud player, coaching, and athleticism..We don't call you a racist for your thoughts but that's always the card being pulled when someone has different views than your own..its racist toward Memphis teams GIVE ME A FLIPPING BREAK. Enjoy the win the gold ball and your stud for another year and learn in life everyone is not gonna agree with you doesn't make them racist

I gave coach white props after listening to his podcast and talking about dealing with kids and life in memphis. He is really the perfect coach for that situation and he deserves a ton of credit for sticking with those kids and caring about them like he has. Some people have a harsh opinion, but i dont think anyone has been racist. Thats whats wrong with this country is that everyone wants to throw that word around and use it like a crutch. Racism will end when we stop talking about it all the time.

Lol. These classification comments are ridiculous. I didn't see anyone playing south panola. Definitely not soft Maryville, or anyone else in these dominant classifications. Definitely not anyone else outside of Trezevant, mus, or Germantown. Did you know South P. Travels to you, if you can't make it to them.

Ask yourselves a question. Does any other teams in the state field 33 players, and can consistently do what Trezevant does year in and out ? How many players does Tca, Marion, Fulton, liberty, Lexington, dyer, covington, have on their sidelines avg? Could they be consistent?

@truthprevails. The comment wasn't for you then sir. There have been racial tones in some of the comments on here. Just because certain slurs are not being used, don't mean the comments are not racist. The criticism that T-high takes is totally different from any other school on this website. And racism will always exist. People are just afraid to admit. Not talking about is not answer. There is no answer. And that my friend is pretty sad. I'll just continue to do my part to raise my children to accept everyone for who they are and understand that not everyone will see life the way you see it.

Lol. These classification comments are ridiculous. I didn't see anyone playing south panola. Definitely not soft Maryville, or anyone else in these dominant classifications. Definitely not anyone else outside of Trezevant, mus, or Germantown. Did you know South P. Travels to you, if you can't make it to them.

Ask yourselves a question. Does any other teams in the state field 33 players, and can consistently do what Trezevant does year in and out ? How many players does Tca, Marion, Fulton, liberty, Lexington, dyer, covington, have on their sidelines avg? Could they be consistent?

TCA averages 32 players per year. A big year is 37.

@truthprevails. The comment wasn't for you then sir. There have been racial tones in some of the comments on here. Just because certain slurs are not being used, don't mean the comments are not racist. The criticism that T-high takes is totally different from any other school on this website. And racism will always exist. People are just afraid to admit. Not talking about is not answer. There is no answer. And that my friend is pretty sad. I'll just continue to do my part to raise my children to accept everyone for who they are and understand that not everyone will see life the way you see it.

Racially motivated comments exist on both sides of the fence. I raise my children to love the person across from them no matter what they look like or what their make up is. I dont go around telling them that people are racist and out to get them. To me, sir, that is the root of the problem.

MC had some tough years following a stretch of huge success. Winning 4 state championships in a 6 year span in 2A and 3A when there were only 3 and 4 classes with private schools in the same classes. Over the past 4 yrs we have seen our numbers grow from around 40 to about 70 this year. Winning brings more kids out usually. Community support here is as good as it gets. If you were at the game Saturday or watched on tv you saw that for yourself. Trezevant had a good team. Richardson is one of the best backs I have seen in high school. Coach White and staff have proven they are a good coaching staff as well. All situations are different for each community I know but I'm gonna say something some of you guys won't like. You need to get behind those kids and support them. I felt bad in a way for them that they didn't have more of a following. They achieved something on Saturday that a LOT of teams never experience, winning a state title. Getting on here talking about this and that is not supporting the team. Going to a few games a year and paying your $6 or $7 to get in a game is not supporting them. They sacrifice daily to get better and win to achieve a goal they had set. The fans need to sacrifice a little of their time and money to support them as well. If you don't like what I said that means it probably hit close to home. Some Trez posters had family playing and I'm sure they were there but I bet some on here haven't seen them play a handful of games. Make it a point to support them more next year. It's worth it when you make a difference in a kids life trust me.

Edited by PurplePower68